Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guide is not saying anything about audio I have tried all steps found on tonymacx86 may be I am doing something wrong , so I am doing problem reporting .
As you have written only use Ioregistryexplorer v2.1 it have been upgraded in the post I have used the upgraded version from the post.
All the output of the commands , IOreg and other files mentioned in problem reporting section are provide in the
Problem Reporting Files.zip attachment .

Am I supposed to run the installer directly on my mackintosh or from boot menu

You should be able to update from the App Store.

Thank you. I updated successfully from Mac OS sierra 10.12.1 to 10.12.2. But now, I lost the estimation of time of the battery. I don't know how much time I can use it until the end? Thanks

You must provide all "Problem Reporting" files.
OK. Here is new file.
BTW. Besides DP problem I also mentioned, that sometimes after reboot my all keyboard and touchpad not working until fresh reboot. But it's very rare.

Attachments

• keciPB.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 84
Thank you. I updated successfully from Mac OS sierra 10.12.1 to 10.12.2. But now, I lost the estimation of time of the battery. I don't know how much time I can use it until the end? Thanks
It's new feature on 10.12.2. You can use other app for that like iStat menus.

New feature. Use the settings to get it back.

This is about the laptop #3 on my signature. Lowres screen 1366x768.

I started from the scratch, deleted partitions and installed El Capitan. I didn't have external monitor plugged at all. It seems to me that there is some incompatibility problem with 2570p and UEFI hot patch scripts.

There is no problems with the USB Clover, problem begins when i have completed the post install steps and reboot with the final post install Clover. I can see the Apple logo and loading bar, and almost at the end of the loading bar when logon should appear, screen fades to black. There is no crash, If I type the password and enter, I can hear from the HDD sound that OS X goes into desktop.

Because of that I am unable to get error reporting files like ioreg when using the final Clover that has post install competed. So I have attached ioreg + others when I booted from USB installer Clover. Also I attached final post install Clover, so you can see what the scripts did and also there is a copy from console that has all the steps that I did to create it.

I hope you could take a look at these, as I have no idea what the problem might be. The config.plist has "0x01660004" on kexts to patch section, is that ok or should it be "0x01660003" because I have lowres screen?

Out of curiosity, when you said it booted and you can see evidence of the desktop loading via the HDD, did you try increasing your brightness? Most laptops including mine after a fresh install (where OS X was never touched by the laptop), the brightness will be set to 0, and you'll need to increase the brightness to set the values in the EFI NVRAM.

Are you booting with no external devices connected?
Did you press your brightness up key?

No external devices except Apple Magic Keyboard. I did try brightness keys, but nothing. Also one symptom related to this, I haven't tried after I did a full reinstall, but if I would plug my external monitor now on DP, I would get instant crash again like yesterday with Sierra.

Disconnect all external devices.
Boot using USB. Enable remote desktop. Connect over network to another computer to gather "Problem Reporting" data.

Also, your ioreg shows you didn't disable the serial port (as per post #1).

BTW, do you have CSM enabled?

I quoted the previous messages, so you'll remember what this was about.

I'm at work now, but I'm 99% sure I have CMS enabled as I always have had it enabled.

First, the symptoms were that internal screen fades to black after apple loading bar without any external devices attached, also when trying to connect external display with DisplayPort cable, it causes instant reboot. I did many reboots, and tried to boot without caches. Backlight or volume keys didn't do anything, also couldn't hear any OS X notification sounds when I kept pressing different FN keys. But it was still clear that OS X was running fine on the background, OS X logged in when I typed the password and hit enter.

I then tried to connect into it with OS X "screen sharing", but it didn't work from Windows so I booted with USB, installed 3rd party VNC application into OS X and then rebooted. I connected into it from Windows on another room and logged in succesfully, I then had to leave and thought I'll collect the troubleshooting data later when I get back home.

When I came back and opened the laptop lid it waked from sleep with the internal display working, also now I could hear the notification sounds when pressing some FN buttons. Everything worked fine, also hooked the external monitor and it also worked at 3440x1440. I had to patch HD4000 kext though to increase framebuffer size to 16MB, as OS X HD4000 driver has a bug with high resolution monitors, so it solved graphics corruption on external display.

Anyway, several reboots and booting without caches didn't help. I thought that installing 3rd party VNC fixed something in the S/L/E or something. So I continued and did a clean Sierra install to test. Again same problems after doing the post install steps and several reboots and booting without caches didn't help. So I then booted with USB and installed random kext that has no effect on anything with Kext Utility 2.66. I rebooted and everything worked fine after that.

So the problem was that after completing all the post install steps, there's still something that is required to fix cache, permissions or something, but I have no idea what. You can see copy/paste from my post install steps attached on post #4773, I don't think that I missed anything in it.

Hi on sierra with 8460p

i have bug on login screen with keyboard

For write my password i must push 2x or more on keyboard for write one letter

very strange and only in screen login after login all is ok

I have bluetooth mouse and the cursor of mouse disappear when touch of keyboard is ok

Do you have a idea thanks

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

As per Apple design.

OK. Here is new file.
BTW. Besides DP problem I also mentioned, that sometimes after reboot my all keyboard and touchpad not working until fresh reboot. But it's very rare.

Your config.plist is corrupt. Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back