Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman I've got a quick question for you. What is SSDT-FAN-SMOOTH speeds? Im currently using SSDT-FAN-QUIET reason why I'm asking is because my i7 2630QM runs a bit warm I've improved it by replacing the paste but still not quite happy. Do you think its possible that i can set a custom speed in idle mode?

I have an Elitebook 8470p wanted to know if there is a FHD 1920x1080p panel avail for this laptop that would work? I'm aware of the 1600x900 but wanted to take it up a notch if possible and i know i'd most likely need a dual link fhd cable

any info is appreciated

I have an Elitebook 8470p wanted to know if there is a FHD 1920x1080p panel avail for this laptop that would work? I'm aware of the 1600x900 but wanted to take it up a notch if possible and i know i'd most likely need a dual link fhd cable

any info is appreciated

You might look at laptopscreen.com for screens that have the same physical and connector specifications.

If you have an issue, provide details on the problem and provide the files requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".
No issues now . Everything works great Thanks .

BCM94352 WiFi requires both the correct/lastest FakePCIID kexts and the correct set of patches (from config.plist).
Okay got it , thanks for clarification .

Rumor has it that the internal display controller might not be capable of displaying 1920x1080,

Unlikely (1080p working on other models, which are essentially the same).
Will require the correct cable and a compatible screen.

Thanks RehabMan for detailed guide. Success with Elitebook 820 G3 (WLAN BCM94352Z). Sierra was installed on the second SSD (don't believe Service Guide ;) It required only one important kext 'SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext' and add 'Skylake menu bar glitch fix'

Last edited:
Thanks RehabMan for detailed guide. Success with Elitebook 820 G3 (WLAN BCM94352Z). Sierra was installed on the second SSD (don't believe Service Guide ;) It required only one important kext 'SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext' and add 'Skylake menu bar glitch fix'

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext only required on USB for installation... After post-install it is handled via SSDT-SATA.aml.

By 'Skylake menu bar glitch fix', I assume you mean injection of AAPL,GfxYTile=<01 00 00 00>. If you provide "Problem Reporting" data, I'll consider adding it to SSDT-IGPU.dsl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back