Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I finally had enough time to try this guide out. And my 6460b works great. I had to do the audio cache fix, and my vga port on the back didn't work so I followed this guide:<< moderator removed guide link >> and that fixed it. Now I need to rebrand my Atheros 928x somehow and it will be fully functional.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also thank RehabMan for great guides and his support, after a lot of hours i finally manage my HP hackintosh, which really works great :).

Thanks, I finally had enough time to try this guide out. And my 6460b works great. I had to do the audio cache fix, and my vga port on the back didn't work so I followed this guide:<< moderator removed guide link >> and that fixed it. Now I need to rebrand my Atheros 928x somehow and it will be fully functional.

VGA patch not recommended. Note that it is disabled in the provided config.plist for a reason (it tends to interfere with correct operation of the internal and HDMI port).

Use an "active" HDMI->VGA adapter instead.

Note: Link to site that openly promotes piracy removed.

Just want to say again:
Thank You RehabMan for all your hard work in the hackintosh community, You rock! :headbang:

Previously I used Elitebook 2560p & 2170p for hack, both works great with El Cap based on your guide.
This is my 3. install, this time on Folio9470m and seems like I finally found the perfect hackbook. :thumbup:
With the guide everything works great in this Hp as well.

I would also thank RehabMan for great guides and his support, after a lot of hours i finally manage my HP hackintosh, which really works great :).

Great... Nice to hear.

Hi RehabMan,
I'm from other thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/page-82
Long story sort:
System: HP ProBook 430 G2 (Clover)
CPU: i5 4210U/HM22
Graphics: HD4400, 1366x768
There is a problem which starts after one of updates.
Screen turns black within loadings. It happens right in the moment when I load in verbose mode and have to appear logo screen with login field.
After tricks from this thread the laptop loads in safe mode with right screen resolution and video memory 1.5Gb.
Normal mode still has the same trouble. Laptop works, but I can see nothing.
There were disabled few kexts with names HD, but it didn't help.
If you have some ideas, please, look on attached files.

Attachments

• console_out.rtf.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 99
  • ioreg_161206.ioreg
    5.8 MB · Views: 114
  • RehabMan.zip
    65.1 KB · Views: 95
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 109
Hi RehabMan,
I'm from other thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/page-82
Long story sort:
System: HP ProBook 430 G2 (Clover)
CPU: i5 4210U/HM22
Graphics: HD4400, 1366x768
There is a problem which starts after one of updates.
Screen turns black within loadings. It happens right in the moment when I load in verbose mode and have to appear logo screen with login field.
After tricks from this thread the laptop loads in safe mode with right screen resolution and video memory 1.5Gb.
Normal mode still has the same trouble. Laptop works, but I can see nothing.
There were disabled few kexts with names HD, but it didn't help.
If you have some ideas, please, look on attached files.

IntelBacklight.kext is not starting. Check system.log for reason.
Code:
grep IntelBacklight /var/log/system.log

Please realize that Clover/drivers64UEFI is not per guide. Neither is Clover/kexts.

Also, you didn't follow the guide. This guide does not install Disabler.kext, yet it is shown as loaded in your ioreg.

Recommend you start over and follow the guide exactly as written.

VGA patch not recommended. Note that it is disabled in the provided config.plist for a reason (it tends to interfere with correct operation of the internal and HDMI port).

Use an "active" HDMI->VGA adapter instead.

Note: Link to site that openly promotes piracy removed.

Ok, well it's working, I don't have an adaptor anyway and I've never used the HDMI port. Thanks for the guide.

I still have some small Problem's.
1. when the notebook starts (Elitebook 8570p) on the Docking station the screen is out of sync like this one (https://images.gutefrage.net/media/...ecraft-absturz/0_original.jpg?v=1350083513000) you can still see the mouse move and so on. to solve this you have to open the latop and close it then everything is ok.
2. i have an build in umts card but it is not found i follwed this howto (https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/ind...2340-miniPCI-E-un2430-Gobi3000-unter-10-11-4/) but it looks like the card is not present in the system overview. it looks like the micro pcie is not activated.
3. is there a driver vor the cardreader ?

Maby someone has an idee for this 3 problems.
thx for all your help in av

IntelBacklight.kext is not starting. Check system.log for reason.
Code:
grep IntelBacklight /var/log/system.log

Please realize that Clover/drivers64UEFI is not per guide. Neither is Clover/kexts.

Also, you didn't follow the guide. This guide does not install Disabler.kext, yet it is shown as loaded in your ioreg.

Recommend you start over and follow the guide exactly as written.

Thanx for respond RehabMan
Hmn.., weird, Clover/drivers64UEFI and Clover/kexts created regard link from guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

-----
The resulting drivers64UEFI should look something like this:
drivers64uefi-png.152775

etc.
-----

that's why I have them, and that's why I've asked if I need to delete something, Disabler.kext as well.
As I wrote, some kexts leave from my first installation, and some after clover updates.
Do I need to move everything from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and delete 10.11 ?
BTW all of these are from first installation by this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebook-probook-others-with-clover-uefi.168236/ and this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ plus kexts HD after first video crash
As I novice in some part of hackintosh I'm not sure whether need some kexts or not, and how to check if they are conflict between each other

Definitely will check IntelBacklight.kext, Is that kext about screen light ?

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext only required on USB for installation... After post-install it is handled via SSDT-SATA.aml.
Thx. It is working without SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext now.
By 'Skylake menu bar glitch fix', I assume you mean injection of AAPL,GfxYTile=<01 00 00 00>. If you provide "Problem Reporting" data, I'll consider adding it to SSDT-IGPU.dsl.
I just copied all from Skylake glitch fix-V3.plist. Don't know what helped. Will provide data later.

Left the problem with no sleep by closing LID. I saw the discussion in this thread, but can't find solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back