Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!!

Thanks for this really great guide and hotpatch !! Can you give me the download link for a config.plist for a HP 2560p ??
Can´t find it anywhere? Thanks a lot for helping!! greets Christoph

Read post #1. The correct config.plist for post-install is created by build.sh into ./config.

Boot from SSD - OK.
Battery status/percentage - OK.
WiFi - still waiting for recommended hardware. Ordered Wifi card on ebay.
Sound - still needs to be fixed. Can't figure out how. Might need some help here.
Can't see windows partition in Clover. To boot into windows need to use One time boot option "boot from HDD".
Brightens key on keyboard works but just to increase it only.

machine info in my signature.
It's HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1

Will be glad for any suggestions.

Boot from SSD - OK.
Battery status/percentage - OK.
WiFi - still waiting for recommended hardware. Ordered Wifi card on ebay.
Sound - still needs to be fixed. Can't figure out how. Might need some help here.
Can't see windows partition in Clover. To boot into windows need to use One time boot option "boot from HDD".
Brightens key on keyboard works but just to increase it only.

machine info in my signature.
It's HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1

Will be glad for any suggestions.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Is Windows installed UEFI?
Sounds like you installed 10.12. This guide is for 10.11... (less problems there).

Last edited:
Firstly thanks to RehabMan guide was great! managed to get yosemitie on my 8470p really easily. everything works except the wifi!

I bought the following wifi card as per the advice http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Broadcom-...261904009743?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRIRTB:GB:3160

however when i look in the bios, the FCC ID shows up as Test WLAN

has anyone else had this? is it just a fudged card? or have i done something wrong.

Many thanks

I replaced the original Intel card to the same card in my HP 2170p, the system info in bios shows test wlan, but the wifi is working perfectly in OS X with the guide in the first post. Bt works as well, only the status led blinking, which is not normal if a combo card is in use. (My hackbook doesn't have built-in bt.) Maybe need some usb customization.

I replaced the original Intel card to the same card in my HP 2170p, the system info in bios shows test wlan, but the wifi is working perfectly in OS X with the guide in the first post. Bt works as well, only the status led blinking, which is not normal if a combo card is in use. (My hackbook doesn't have built-in bt.) Maybe need some usb customization.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back