Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan hey RehabMan I followed the guide step and by step and everything works flawlessly except Audio. I don't know why. I followed the guide and this:

"Audio: After installing new/updated kexts or after the initial installation, you may lose audio.

To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

- reboot normally (if needed, two times)"

Still no luck. Can anyone help? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you. I have an HP 4540s i5-3210m 1080p screen.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Tried to troubleshoot by repeating the installation process and figured out that ./install_download.sh was the problem because the kexts were moved to S/L/E. So I manually extracted the kexts and copied the relevant kexts to EFI/CLover/kexts/Others.

install_downloads.sh does not move anything to /S/L/E. It installs kexts to /L/E.
Clover does not read any kexts from EFI/CLover/kexts/Others. Only kexts/Other. And only essential kexts should be installed there.

Rebooted and got this (please see attached image).

It indicates FakeSMC.kext is not loading, not installed. Use install_downloads.sh as per guide.

Hi RehabMan i have read the guide but i don't quite understand the post installation part. I have a HP Elitebook 8460p and can you please give all the stuff i need to patch the laptop? I would really appreciate it.

Follow post #1 as written.

thanks for the reply, i have already enabled legacy option in bios but i am using uefi mode. flikering started when i applied the patch

What flickering? What do you mean by "the patch". If you have an issue, describe it in detail and read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

i have installed this(#1 post with git commands), but the audio sometimes work after restart and somtimes not working.
i don't have any idea what to do.

i have installed this(#1 post with git commands), but the audio sometimes work after restart and somtimes not working.
i don't have any idea what to do.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back