Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have reinstalled OSX on my ProBook 4540s following your guide. Everything is working apart from audio. I have followed your instructions for audio and rebooted sometimes but it doesn't work. Before I formatted my hackintosh and reinstalled El Capitan audio used to work properly (configured with HP Probook installer).
I have attached a zip with all the files requested for debug.
Thank you in advance for help.
Your guide is fantastic, many thanks!!!

Attachments

• RehabMan 2.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 100
Hi,
I have reinstalled OSX on my ProBook 4540s following your guide. Everything is working apart from audio. I have followed your instructions for audio and rebooted sometimes but it doesn't work. Before I formatted my hackintosh and reinstalled El Capitan audio used to work properly (configured with HP Probook installer).
I have attached a zip with all the files requested for debug.
Thank you in advance for help.
Your guide is fantastic, many thanks!!!

Your ioreg.zip is corrupt. Endless loop of .zip->cpgz->zip->.cpgz/etc.

Audio setup looks ok though. You must rebuild cache as per post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio". That will stabilize your kernel cache. As long as you don't install any additional kexts, your kernel cache will remain stable and audio will continue to work. If you install other kexts, then you must follow the procedures for rebuilding cache again.

Haha, RehabMan some of your answers are cool... and you are very very patient!!
respect!!

@ALL - newbies/oldies:
please read Post #1 before you post questions!
If you don't understand it the first time, read it again to understand (like me - "step by step for 4times"!!
Behause it's a perfect tutorial for "El Capitan 10.11.x"!

Sorry, but some "nonsense"-questions convinced me to write this!!
The time will come that i have my first question ;)
And who have a smooth "El Capitan" stay lucky!
Wait (some time) for updates/a tutorial for "MacOS Sierra"!

regards and thank you RehabMan!!!

Attachments

• HP_1040_G3.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 95
Hello RehabMan. Please find the problem reporting compressed file attached. ThanknYou

The ioreg shows WiFi working.
The ioreg shows graphics QE/CI working.

You should not expect USB to work correctly without a custom SSDT made specifically for your laptop USB topology. Read post #1, "USB customization". This is probably also related to your shutdown problems.

Your trackpad is ALPS, therefore not supported by this guide as it assumes Synaptics. Search for PS2 kexts for ALPS.

The ioreg shows WiFi working.
The ioreg shows graphics QE/CI working.

You should not expect USB to work correctly without a custom SSDT made specifically for your laptop USB topology. Read post #1, "USB customization". This is probably also related to your shutdown problems.

Your trackpad is ALPS, therefore not supported by this guide as it assumes Synaptics. Search for PS2 kexts for ALPS.

wifi and bluetooth are fine, indeed.
With Shutdown, I've realised that when i shut down the computer, it is restart, but when I restart the computer is shut down. How can I change it back in to normal?

Will back with USB report soon, thank you

wifi and bluetooth are fine, indeed.
With Shutdown, I've realised that when i shut down the computer, it is restart, but when I restart the computer is shut down. How can I change it back in to normal?

Will back with USB report soon, thank you

Fix USB before working on shutdown/restart.

Your ioreg.zip is corrupt. Endless loop of .zip->cpgz->zip->.cpgz/etc.

Audio setup looks ok though. You must rebuild cache as per post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio". That will stabilize your kernel cache. As long as you don't install any additional kexts, your kernel cache will remain stable and audio will continue to work. If you install other kexts, then you must follow the procedures for rebuilding cache again.

Thank for your reply, I have rebuilt kextcache more than three times and audio is still not working.
Here is attached ioreg, I hope this works.

Thank in advance for help.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 121
Thank for your reply, I have rebuilt kextcache more than three times and audio is still not working.
Here is attached ioreg, I hope this works.

Thank in advance for help.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Note: Make sure AppleHDA.kext is vanilla. Run the OS X installer to be sure. Then run ./install_downloads.sh. Then rebuild cache as per post #1 (must use Clover menu to boot without caches, must rebuild cache as per guide).

Note2: It appears your config.plist is wrong. See from your Clover bootlog:
Code:
0:404  0:000   - [17]: AppleHDA (IDT 76e0 #1 of 4) :: BinPatch :: data len: 5
0:404  0:000   - [18]: AppleHDA (IDT 76e0 #2 of 4) :: BinPatch :: data len: 5
0:404  0:000   - [19]: AppleHDA (IDT 76e0 #3 of 4) :: BinPatch :: data len: 5
0:404  0:000   - [20]: AppleHDA (IDT 76e0 #4 of 4) :: BinPatch :: data len: 5

So.. you have patches for IDT 76e0, but your ioreg shows your codec is 76d9.

Make sure you use the correct config.plist for your laptop model.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Last edited:
Hi
I am getting the following panic error. Any advice, tried many configurations but can't get past this atm.

Attachments

• IMG_2760.JPG
    IMG_2760.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back