Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I am getting the following panic error. Any advice, tried many configurations but can't get past this atm.

Your VoodooPS2Controller.kext is too old for Sierra. Read the guide carefully.

What flickering? What do you mean by "the patch". If you have an issue, describe it in detail and read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Hi,
by patch i mean i had followed all of the steps mentioned in this post, and after last step when i restarted my laptop i faced the problem. i am attaching all of the details along with a video showing the problem.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    52.1 MB · Views: 233
  • problem video.m4v.zip
    49.7 MB · Views: 146
Hi,
by patch i mean i had followed all of the steps mentioned in this post, and after last step when i restarted my laptop i faced the problem. i am attaching all of the details along with a video showing the problem.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Carefully. If you do it as requested, the result will be much smaller than 52MB (~5MB).

Looking at the video, it is likely you forgot to set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb (or larger).

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Carefully. If you do it as requested, the result will be much smaller than 52MB (~5MB).

Looking at the video, it is likely you forgot to set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb (or larger).

Hi,

i am reattaching the files, please check it. how may i set DVMT-prealloc, please guide me.

As a proud owner of an HP ProBook 4540s upgraded with Broadcom wifi and hires display, I can confirm that this guide works perfectly smooth with Sierra installation (many thanks to RehabMan!). The only minor issue (for me) is with the built-in function keys controlling brightness and sound volume - guess we can live with it for now ;)

As a proud owner of an HP ProBook 4540s upgraded with Broadcom wifi and hires display, I can confirm that this guide works perfectly smooth with Sierra installation (many thanks to RehabMan!). The only minor issue (for me) is with the built-in function keys controlling brightness and sound volume - guess we can live with it for now ;)
With the latest 10.12.1 Public Beta, the volume keys work again, and the brightness keys work with Scroll Lock for Brightness Dn, and Fn+Pg Up for Brightness Up.

Great news! Gonna try on a test drive. Can live with the glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back