Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I did manage to finally get the VGA port to work, which will do for now. I had to apply the "4_displays" and "Port 7" patches from this http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/ thread.

Better to just patch one of the existing (but unused) connectors for port 7. Attach "Problem Reporting" files and I'll give you something to test.

Something funny I realized only just now--my headphone jack doesn't seem to be detected all along. Can you tell from my prior upload http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/problem-reporting-zip.206051/ why? Is it just a matter of HDEF layout?

Are you using the latest files (layout 7)? If so, you need to discuss this amongst others with the same hardware.

Hey RehabMan,

do you have a idea to Fix the Restart Problem when Shutdown only with connect USB 3.0 Devices (USB 3.0 Hub, USB 3.0 Stick)?
For what is the Shutdown fix v2 Laptop Patches DSDT/SSDT

Are there a Option to remove the USB 3.0 Ports statements ever before shutdown?

You will need to provide details. Clear description of the problem and "Problem Reporting" files.

1) I have not working sleep mode. When I tried enter to sleep mode (press Fn + F1 or close lid) the screen once blink and no sleep mode. After that sometimes I have artefacts.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

2) I have not working my Intel wireless AC 3165. Will change it to supported model. I have from my older laptop Atheros AR9285 card. Will install it.

Intel WiFi is not supported. Read post #1 for WiFi recommendations.

Do I have chance to set up original apple gestures on my synaptics touchpad? Like as three-fingers desktop scrolling (it's very useful for me).

Three finger swipes can be configured in SysPrefs. Read post #1.

Please, in your profile, as requested (the bold face part you skipped reading).

Note: No such thing as "Intel HD Graphics 300".

There is no WiFi whitelist in the 4740s. Read post #1 for WiFi recommendations.
I hope my profile is good right now.

You're right there is no HD Graphics 300, I missed one 0.
As I have seen the support list says that Atheros ar5bhb92 should work out of the box.

I hope my profile is good right now.

You're right there is no HD Graphics 300, I missed one 0.
As I have seen the support list says that Atheros ar5bhb92 should work out of the box.

AR5BHB92 has no bluetooth. If you're ok with that, it is an inexpensive choice.

You will need to provide details. Clear description of the problem and "Problem Reporting" files.
The Problem is old and other 840G3 users has the Problem too.

When i turn off my Notebook it restart only when USB3.0 Device are connect

with Apple-> Shutdown the Notebook go off.
with Apple-> Shutdown and a USB 3.0 Device connect on the Notebook the System restart.

The Problem is old and other 840G3 users has the Problem too.

When i turn off my Notebook it restart only when USB3.0 Device are connect

with Apple-> Shutdown the Notebook go off.
with Apple-> Shutdown and a USB 3.0 Device connect on the Notebook the System restart.

You would need to provide "Problem Reporting" files with ioreg representing the state that causes the problem.

Also, if you boot verbose, there may be some output that would be useful right before the restart (panic?) that you could capture with a video camera.

Hey guys, I have a very weird issue with my 4530s 1080p.

I completed the aforementioned install on a 470 G1 without any issues. However whenever I choose the correct plist for the 4530s I can boot from the USB drive but I can not install OSX correctly. It shows the following message:

bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk

I tried to repair the drive, partition and re-format it numerous times and it just doesn't work...

Do any of you have any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I have a very weird issue with my 4530s 1080p.

I completed the aforementioned install on a 470 G1 without any issues. However whenever I choose the correct plist for the 4530s I can boot from the USB drive but I can not install OSX correctly. It shows the following message:

bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk

I tried to repair the drive, partition and re-format it numerous times and it just doesn't work...

Do any of you have any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance!

Is your BIOS the latest? If so, you'll need to provide the EFI/Clover you're using (as ZIP, without 'themes').

You would need to provide "Problem Reporting" files with ioreg representing the state that causes the problem.

Also, if you boot verbose, there may be some output that would be useful right before the restart (panic?) that you could capture with a video camera.

There is no Panic. With connect USB 3.0 Device and Shutdown the System Shutdown, the Display goes off and 1 Sec. later the System boot new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back