Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not wake if I disable "Wake on LID open" in BIOS and does not sleep when I close the lid either.

I don't see where you provided the output from 'pmset -g assertions'...

Unfortunately, I need VirtualBox and Windows 7 for two specific programs. I had this problem before installing VirtualBox, though.

Remove it while troubleshooting.

I am working on installing the RMDT and _LID but I am unable to compile.

Are you using the correct tools? ACPI 6.1?

Ok, got it compiled correctly and installed debugging and _LID. The output of the console is attached. I tried "Poll for LID changes" patch and it just caused the _LID status to report non-stop in console. The "Remove _PRW from LID" patch did not find anything to change so I was unable to install it. Is there something in the patch I can modify to try it? Where can I go from here? Thanks.

_LID is working.

I have uninstalled VirtualBox with VB kexts removed.

I am using ACPI 6.1. Everything compiled correctly, I believe. I made the mistake of trying to decompile and compile the DSDT by itself without the other SSDTs in the folder. Once I added all of the SSDTs to the folder, it worked.

I don't see where you provided the output from 'pmset -g assertions'...

I have included the output from 'pmset -g assertions' in the attached text file. There are two different versions as sometimes 'InternalPreventDisplaySleep' is set to 1 and sometimes 0. Not sure what that is, but it does not seem to keep it from sleeping if I use Apple>Sleep or press the power button.

Attachments

• pmset -g assertions output.txt
    2 KB · Views: 138
Hallo everyone,

RehabMan, thanks for this guide! :)

I'm very new to hackintosh, never did it or know someone who did. I did read this guide, but I want to be 100% sure that I can make use of it. My wifi wasn't compatible, so I've bought Atheros AR5BHB92 (HP 518437-002) which should be supported.

Is this guide the easiest way to install Mac on my ProBook?

I have uninstalled VirtualBox with VB kexts removed.

I am using ACPI 6.1. Everything compiled correctly, I believe. I made the mistake of trying to decompile and compile the DSDT by itself without the other SSDTs in the folder. Once I added all of the SSDTs to the folder, it worked.

I have included the output from 'pmset -g assertions' in the attached text file. There are two different versions as sometimes 'InternalPreventDisplaySleep' is set to 1 and sometimes 0. Not sure what that is, but it does not seem to keep it from sleeping if I use Apple>Sleep or press the power button.

You will need to check system.log to see why your laptop is not sleeping with the LID closed. Be patient though. Keep in mind your laptop will sleep when Apple wants it to and not before. But if it doesn't sleep until after 5 mins, then there is probably something else wrong.

Test it only after you see all sleep assertions clear.

Hallo everyone,

RehabMan, thanks for this guide! :)

I'm very new to hackintosh, never did it or know someone who did. I did read this guide, but I want to be 100% sure that I can make use of it. My wifi wasn't compatible, so I've bought Atheros AR5BHB92 (HP 518437-002) which should be supported.

Is this guide the easiest way to install Mac on my ProBook?

Your profile does not indicate enough hardware details to answer your question regarding WiFi. But please note that post #1 contains clear details on compatible WiFi.

Please fill out your profile as requested in the main guide.

Here is a reminder of what is written:

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Your profile does not indicate enough hardware details to answer your question regarding WiFi. But please note that post #1 contains clear details on compatible WiFi.

Please fill out your profile as requested in the main guide.

Here is a reminder of what is written:

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Laptop: HP ProBook 4740s
Mobo: Intel HM76 chipset
CPU: i3-2370M
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 300 / AMD Radeon HD 7650M / 1600x900
RAM/HDD: 8 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
WIFI: Atheros AR5BHB92 (HP 518437-002)

is it enough? because I don't know any more info I could provide you.

Your ACPI files are slightly different, so _PRW patches are not working. Disable 'Wake on LAN', "Wake on USB" from BIOS.

Yes. Your HDMI is likely tied to Nvidia, just like other ZBook models. If you can make Nvidia work, you may be able to get that port working. It is not covered in this guide though.

Not sure what you mean by intermittent. You can always try KEY87 to see if it works better for your laptop.

--

Note: Added 8086:191b support to SSDT-IGPU.dsl.

Could not get the nvidia card to work fully with QE/CI, my guess is because of lack of driver support. I even tried FakePCIID with GeForce GTX 750 and 750 Ti to see if the WebDriver would work, but it didn't. Maybe someday driver support will be added by Apple or Nvidia?

But I did manage to finally get the VGA port to work, which will do for now. I had to apply the "4_displays" and "Port 7" patches from this http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/ thread.

Also, having the 191b in your newer builds works, thanks RehabMan.

Something funny I realized only just now--my headphone jack doesn't seem to be detected all along. Can you tell from my prior upload http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/problem-reporting-zip.206051/ why? Is it just a matter of HDEF layout?

Hey RehabMan,

do you have a idea to Fix the Restart Problem when Shutdown only with connect USB 3.0 Devices (USB 3.0 Hub, USB 3.0 Stick)?
For what is the Shutdown fix v2 Laptop Patches DSDT/SSDT

Are there a Option to remove the USB 3.0 Ports statements ever before shutdown?

Last edited:
Thank you for manual!!
My HP ProBook 450 G3 (p5s63ea) is working as well! But with some small problems.

The configuration of my laptop:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6200u
RAM: 12GB DDR3L
Graphics: Intel HD 520
Audio: Conexant Cx20724

1) I have not working sleep mode. When I tried enter to sleep mode (press Fn + F1 or close lid) the screen once blink and no sleep mode. After that sometimes I have artefacts.
2) I have not working my Intel wireless AC 3165. Will change it to supported model. I have from my older laptop Atheros AR9285 card. Will install it.

I attentively done all steps in manual for my 4x0-g3 laptop. Any thoughts about sleep mode? It's important for me to have working sleep mode on laptop.

Do I have chance to set up original apple gestures on my synaptics touchpad? Like as three-fingers desktop scrolling (it's very useful for me).

Thanks in advance for your responses!!
And big THANKS to theme author for that great manual!

Last edited:
Laptop: HP ProBook 4740s
Mobo: Intel HM76 chipset
CPU: i3-2370M
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 300 / AMD Radeon HD 7650M / 1600x900
RAM/HDD: 8 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
WIFI: Atheros AR5BHB92 (HP 518437-002)

is it enough? because I don't know any more info I could provide you.

Please, in your profile, as requested (the bold face part you skipped reading).

Note: No such thing as "Intel HD Graphics 300".

There is no WiFi whitelist in the 4740s. Read post #1 for WiFi recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back