Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh? hmm must have compressed the wrong clover folder. I've updated in my original post again .. just curious, how can you see that in ioreg?

I extract the Clover bootlog from ioreg, then look at things like SSDTs loaded, KextsToPatch content and compare what I see in the bootlog with what I see in EFI/Clover.

Let's start with fresh files here...
Please reply with a fresh set of problem reporting files in your next post.
I prefer that to updating old/inconsistent/wrong data.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Laptop : HP Elitebook 840 G3 I7-6600U , Intel HD 520

NOT WORKING HIGH PRIORITY :
- No battery status
- Other sensory status (HWSensor has no data)

Not working, like to have:
- Sound control via keyboard
- Brightness control via keyboard or menubar

Working:
- ethernet
- camera
- sound
- iCloud
- facetime
- iMessage
- App store

Not tested yet:
- HDMI
- SD Card
- VGA

When I started the first time, I managed to install El Capitan, but when I followed the Post Install procedures, I had boot crashes. So after a couple of crashes and fresh installs, I decided not to do the Post Install anymore, upgraded to Sierra with success.

Then I did the Post Install again and to my surprise no boot crashes.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • kextstat.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 70
  • MacBook_Pro_ioreg.zip
    443.1 KB · Views: 66
  • RehabMan.zip
    66.2 KB · Views: 76
  • post_install.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 75
Laptop : HP Elitebook 840 G3 I7-6600U , Intel HD 520

NOT WORKING HIGH PRIORITY :
- No battery status
- Other sensory status (HWSensor has no data)

Not working, like to have:
- Sound control via keyboard
- Brightness control via keyboard or menubar

Working:
- ethernet
- camera
- sound
- iCloud
- facetime
- iMessage
- App store

Not tested yet:
- HDMI
- SD Card
- VGA

When I started the first time, I managed to install El Capitan, but when I followed the Post Install procedures, I had boot crashes. So after a couple of crashes and fresh installs, I decided not to do the Post Install anymore, upgraded to Sierra with success.

Then I did the Post Install again and to my surprise no boot crashes.

Your files are still inconsistent.
The ioreg was not generated after booting with this EFI/Clover.
The config.plist in the EFI/Clover you attached has 18 entries in KextsToPatch.
But your Clover bootlog shows 7:
Code:
0:111  0:000  KextsToPatch: 7 requested
0:111  0:000   - [00]: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.11.4 ( (based on Austere.J patch)) :: MatchOS: 10.11.x :: BinPatch :: data len: 5
0:111  0:000   - patch disabled at config
0:111  0:000   - [01]: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.12.0 ( (based on Austere.J patch)) :: MatchOS: 10.12.x :: BinPatch :: data len: 7
0:111  0:000   - [02]: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (0x19160000/etc, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:111  0:000   - [03]: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (eDP, port 0000, 0x191e0000, 0x19160000, 0x19260000, 0x19270000, 0x191b0000, 0x19160002, 0x19260002, 0x191e0003, 0x19260004, 0x19270004, 0x193b0005 credit syscl) :: BinPatch :: data len: 20
0:111  0:000   - [04]: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (Enable lid wake for 0x19260002 credit syscl/lighting/Yating Zhou) :: BinPatch :: data len: 16
0:111  0:000   - [05]: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (Enable lid wake for 0x19260004 credit syscl/lighting/Yating Zhou) :: BinPatch :: data len: 16
0:111  0:000   - [06]: IOAHCIBlockStorage (TRIM Enabler) :: BinPatch :: data len: 11

And the bootlog shows no .AML files being loaded from ACPI/patched.

And your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched is wrong anyway. For some reason you added SSDT-PluginType1.aml. Which is not called for by the guide and is a mistake.

Also, your patchmatic -extract content does not correspond to either. It has an SSDT which was generated from ssdtPRgen.sh. Your Clover bootlog has no evidence of that SSDT (no SSDTs at all), and your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched also shows no evidence of it.

Read post #1 and follow it as written.

If you're going to provide "Problem Reporting" files, make sure all the files you provide are consistent with the current state of your install.

Hmm okey? Well here goes again.

- I mounted my EFI partition
- Deleted the whole CLOVER folder
- I inserted my USB
- Copied CLOVER folder on USB to my EFI partition. This way I know I start with a fresh, stable configuration
- Unmount USB
- Deleted preboot.log
- Deleted ACPI/origin contents
- Reboot
- Redid the Post Install
- Reboot
- On the Clover screen I pressed F4 and F2
- Continue boot
- Mounted EFI partition
- Copied CLOVER folder, deleted contents of themes
- Downloaded IOreg app, moved to Applications folder
- Open IOreg app, file, / save copy as
- Did the terminal commands, save output to textfile

I've also included the CLOVER folder on my USB.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 92
Hmm okey? Well here goes again.

- I mounted my EFI partition
- Deleted the whole CLOVER folder
- I inserted my USB
- Copied CLOVER folder on USB to my EFI partition. This way I know I start with a fresh, stable configuration
- Unmount USB
- Deleted preboot.log
- Deleted ACPI/origin contents
- Reboot
- Redid the Post Install
- Reboot
- On the Clover screen I pressed F4 and F2
- Continue boot
- Mounted EFI partition
- Copied CLOVER folder, deleted contents of themes
- Downloaded IOreg app, moved to Applications folder
- Open IOreg app, file, / save copy as
- Did the terminal commands, save output to textfile

I've also included the CLOVER folder on my USB.

Hope this helps.

Your config.plist has content in it not from the guide.
Use only config.plist as per guide, post #1, "Final config.plist".
ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml should not exist. You're using the 'beta' branch, and post #1 "Power Management" is very clear regarding the fact you should NOT place SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh) to ACPI/patched.
By installing SSDT.aml, because in your case it is loading prior to SSDT-8x0-G3-Skylake.aml, it is breaking all content in SSDT-8x0-G3-Skylake.aml.
Your kextcache output shows VoodooHDA is installed. This guide does not use VoodooHDA.

Try to read the guide carefully.

Your config.plist has content in it not from the guide.
Use only config.plist as per guide, post #1, "Final config.plist".

This one puzzles me, because the config.plist was copied like this :

Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
cp ./config/config_4x30s.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist
But of course with the 840 g3 plist. The only modification was adding the serial number. Is it better to first delete the old config.plist and then copy and then generate serial?

ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml should not exist. You're using the 'beta' branch, and post #1 "Power Management" is very clear regarding the fact you should NOT place SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh) to ACPI/patched.
By installing SSDT.aml, because in your case it is loading prior to SSDT-8x0-G3-Skylake.aml, it is breaking all content in SSDT-8x0-G3-Skylake.aml.
Sorry yeah missed that one, I misread it as, "if you have the beta branch , or haswell then don't do this", so I skipped it.

Your kextcache output shows VoodooHDA is installed. This guide does not use VoodooHDA.
I will remove it

Project Note...

The github project has been updated. Original 'beta' features such as XCPM only, USB power properties, and a few other fixes have been moved into the 'master' branch. Please note changes in the post install procedures as documented in post #1.

The new beta branch has a potential fix for the "auto restart" after shutdown problem on certain Skylake and KabyLake laptops. If the fix works, and other laptops also have a similar problem, the fix is easy to adapt to those laptops as well.

Please provide feedback.

Last edited:
This one puzzles me, because the config.plist was copied like this :

Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
cp ./config/config_4x30s.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist
But of course with the 840 g3 plist. The only modification was adding the serial number. Is it better to first delete the old config.plist and then copy and then generate serial?

Maybe I was looking at the wrong config.plist (since you provided two of them, when I requested only one). For you to check.

Sorry yeah missed that one, I misread it as, "if you have the beta branch , or haswell then don't do this", so I skipped it.

It actually read Haswell or later...
And actually the problem was you did not skip it...

Now the changes are checked into the master branch, and the procedures re-ordered, such that if you fail to read carefully and still generate/copy an SSDT.aml when you shouldn't have, install_acpi.sh will delete it.

Maybe I was looking at the wrong config.plist (since you provided two of them, when I requested only one). For you to check.

It actually read Haswell or later...
And actually the problem was you did not skip it...

Now the changes are checked into the master branch, and the procedures re-ordered, such that if you fail to read carefully and still generate/copy an SSDT.aml when you shouldn't have, install_acpi.sh will delete it.

So to be clear, I don't need the beta branch? Just use the master branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back