Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hardly ever use my 4530s (I plan on selling it soon).
I have implemented the USB power fix across all computers supported by this guide.
I have no iPad to test with (my iPad mini seems to not require extra power).

Okay thanks Rehabman. Ill test and report back :).

I hardly ever use my 4530s (I plan on selling it soon).
I have implemented the USB power fix across all computers supported by this guide.
I have no iPad to test with (my iPad mini seems to not require extra power).

Theres something wrong with the whole Fork the .dsl files don't download correctly they're corrupt. When i re-cloned it doesn't build the SSDTs. My whole configuration is completely messed up. Why isn't there a build command like there use to be? Battery is broken so is Brightness.

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 19.01.46.png

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
Theres something wrong with the whole Fork the .dsl files don't download correctly they're corrupt. When i re-cloned it doesn't build the SSDTs. My whole configuration is completely messed up. Why isn't there a build command like there use to be? Battery is broken so is Brightness.

View attachment 257257

Nothing wrong that I see. build.sh still present in the root of the project.
Your files in Archive.zip are not up-to-date.

The SSDTs are from El Cap but the problem is i can't build the latest .dsl files they seem to be corrupt and i can remember the build command to build the SSDTs.

My bad i seem them now. Have you moved them all to one SSDT?

The SSDTs are from El Cap but the problem is i can't build the latest .dsl files they seem to be corrupt and i can remember the build command to build the SSDTs.

Correct procedures are documented in post #1.

My bad i seem them now. Have you moved them all to one SSDT?

A long time ago.

Typical setup in ACPI/patched for 4x30s would be:
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-4x30s.aml
SSDT-FAN-*.aml (depending on your fan choice)
SSDT-IGPU.aml or SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml

If you use install_acpi.sh as per guide, everything is installed/deleted as appropriate.

Correct procedures are documented in post #1.

A long time ago.

Typical setup in ACPI/patched for 4x30s would be:
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-4x30s.aml
SSDT-FAN-*.aml (depending on your fan choice)
SSDT-IGPU.aml or SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml

If you use install_acpi.sh as per guide, everything is installed/deleted as appropriate.

I wondered where all the SSDTs went lol. Bet that took you awhile. This is what i have in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Im up and running now. Only thing that doesn't work is sleep.

Code:
SSDT-4x30s
SSDT-FAN-QUIET
SSDT-IGPU-HIRES
SSDT.aml

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 19.25.22.png

I wondered where all the SSDTs went lol. Bet that took you awhile. This is what i have in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Im up and running now. Only thing that doesn't work is sleep.

Code:
SSDT-4x30s
SSDT-FAN-QUIET
SSDT-IGPU-HIRES
SSDT.aml

View attachment 257264

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Also, provide specific details regarding sleep.

Note: Maybe you forgot to update the config.plist.

OK. Now update to the current beta and hopefully it fixes it.
Reply results and no matter what... with "Problem Reporting" files.

I have tested the same fix on two different computers here (KabyLake Lenovo 710-11isk and an Intel ComputeStick w/Core m5 Skylake) and it is working to fix what appears to be the same problem.

But I have no Skylake/KabyLake Probook to test on...

Just tested it. I switched to beta branch, did a pull and redid the post install. Rebooted, inserted USB and power supply , shutdown ..... no restart .. yay ...

I also did with USB inserted and no power supply , did shutdown .. no restart .. yay again :)

Do you still need the reporting files?

Do you still need the reporting files?

Yes. I want to verify the fix in final patchmatic output...

Just tested it. I switched to beta branch, did a pull and redid the post install. Rebooted, inserted USB and power supply , shutdown ..... no restart .. yay ...

I also did with USB inserted and no power supply , did shutdown .. no restart .. yay again :)

Great. Thanks for testing.
I think the fix still isn't complete as I suspect the USB ports are still powered (root of the problem, I think), but this is a fine work around for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back