Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also same problem that screen lose brightness, earlier this guide works without problem.
Brightness not working also

Update: After update to 10.12.4, I run post-installation again and get my sound working but my screen brightness still very low despite full brightness bar in display preference :(. Any ideas?

With 10.12.4, you must use the 'beta' branch.
If you have an issue, must attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

I have also same problem that screen lose brightness, earlier this guide works without problem.

Did you forget to use the 'beta' branch?
If you have an issue, must attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

Your config.plist is wrong. Read post #1, "Final config.plist"
I don't understand, I copied the correct 4540s config file (renamed it to config.plist), edited it to get iMessage working with SMBIOS. What exactly is wrong?

I don't understand, I copied the correct 4540s config file (renamed it to config.plist), edited it to get iMessage working with SMBIOS. What exactly is wrong?

You did not.
The config.plist you have is not from this guide at all (neither for install, nor for "final").
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

You did not.
The config.plist you have is not from this guide at all (neither for install, nor for "final").
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".
Oh I understand now, it worked! Thanks so much! Brightness also works now too! Do you know an easy way to map it to the brightness keys on the keyboard?

Oh I understand now, it worked! Thanks so much! Brightness also works now too! Do you know an easy way to map it to the brightness keys on the keyboard?

If you followed the guide, your brightness keys should already be working.
Make sure you're pressing the right keys.
If you have an issue, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Also, your profile is not filled out as per FAQ. Please fix before your next reply.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

If you followed the guide, your brightness keys should already be working.
Make sure you're pressing the right keys.
If you have an issue, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Also, your profile is not filled out as per FAQ. Please fix before your next reply.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
I had the FN modifier key checkbox selected in the keyboard settings, that's why it wasn't working. It appears some settings kept from my last Mackintosh build, is all. Everything should be working! Thanks so much for the help!

Hi RehabMan,
I just update to 10.12.4 ...and do all the step in guid and everything work but brightness still not as was before ..the brighteness key working ...I upload the files ..i hope you can help me thanks alot

Attachments

• iorg_Hp_ELitebook8470P.zip
    570.9 KB · Views: 69
  • CLOVER.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 65
  • RehabMan.zip
    60.7 KB · Views: 57
  • report.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back