Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure BIOS is current.
Attach photos of all BIOS setting screens.
No other similar reports with your hardware, so suspect it is something specific with your setup...

BIOS is definitely current, upgraded it in Jan when I started this and just checked again now. Photos are attached. Hope that sheds some light on this. Thanks.

Attachments

• Probook 640 G1 Bios.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
Yes i tried it too, fitst cloning working hdd to m.2, dont boot, then formating all m.2 from osx , convert to fat32 and installing clover and neither..

The drive should be partitioned in OS X/macOS Disk Utility such that the EFI partition is created correctly (special requirements regarding EFI GUID).

BIOS is definitely current, upgraded it in Jan when I started this and just checked again now. Photos are attached. Hope that sheds some light on this. Thanks.

The guide recommends boot mode to be UEFI with CSM. You have it UEFI/native.

The guide recommends boot mode to be UEFI with CSM. You have it UEFI/native.

OK, I've mis-read that at some point! Tunnel vision setting in probably. Appreciate the second set of eyes on this. Will flip that over when I get home later and test those patches again. Bet you can't wait!! :)

As per posts, I am interested in something like 'boot order' in your BIOS. For HP's BIOS, I am sure that it could automatically boot from a disk if you could boot it from the F9 menu.
BTW, how did you 'clone' the hdd?
I cloned the disk with macrium reflect, I have always done well with 2.5 "disks both normal and ssd.As that did not work, I started the osx installed on the hdd and from there formatted the m.2, I installed clover on the partition EFI of m.2 and rebooted, but it did not work either, the last one was to create a new entry with efibootmgr pointing to disk m.2 and \ EFI \ BOOT \ BOOTX64.EFI.This new entry is in menu f9 and if I select it On hand works fine but does not start automatically in any way

Can i use this guide to install Sierra on hp probook 450 g4? Thanks

Read post #1, "Unsupported laptops".
Hardware details,processor intel i7-7500U graphics intel 620Hd n NVIDIA GeForce 930MX, memory 8gb ddr4, board intel 200 chipsets

Hardware details,processor intel i7-7500U graphics intel 620Hd n NVIDIA GeForce 930MX, memory 8gb ddr4, board intel 200 chipsets

Need all data requested in post #1, "Unsupported laptops".

Need all data requested in post #1, "Unsupported laptops".
haven't tried to install OS X or Linux let me try to install either of them so as to get other details thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back