Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is in the bios of Hp that for some reason does not look for boot files on port m.2 automatically, although manually, through the option "F9 -... boot from EFI file" it does detect the m.2 drive and can boot from it
. When I get home I will try with "efibootmgr".
Anyway, have you heard of any probook 640 g1 that has been able to boot the notebook from the EFI partition on the disc m.2?
Thanks and sorry if i have been inaccurate

Also check your BIOS options for an option to set a custom entry.

thank you RehabMan :headbang::headbang::headbang:Now almost all the works on my HP Folio ElitBook 9470m
Now I need help not not working a VGA port and iMessage
for iMessageI tried every method but does not work
error
Could not sign in ti iMessage
an error occurred during activation. try again

and when I try to fix the offered methods do even worse
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: help

VGA not supported.
iMessage guide is linked from post #1 (any iMessage troubleshooting is off-topic here).

Let me know how it works with a different monitor...
Also, don't forget to fix your profile (the Mobo field should indicate make/model/bootloader).
Check BIOS settings also...

Hi Rehabman, exactly the same problems with an HP EliteDisplay E231 monitor connected directly to the DisplayPort connection, Tried both patches independently and together. Turning the monitor on or off just causes a crash and no second display picked up anywhere. I can see the monitor scanning inputs but just says no signal received.
I've checked the BIOS settings and everything looks OK, they match your recommendations in post #1 where they are available.
Struggling to find any specific mobo details, everything just comes back with HP 1993 although I know it's Haswell.
I'm thinking of re-installing Windows 10 to double check everything again even though external display worked fine last time I did that. May get some more info on the mobo that way as well. Then I'll rebuild from scratch again. Anything else I can try before doing that? Thanks.

Hi Rehabman, exactly the same problems with an HP EliteDisplay E231 monitor connected directly to the DisplayPort connection, Tried both patches independently and together. Turning the monitor on or off just causes a crash and no second display picked up anywhere. I can see the monitor scanning inputs but just says no signal received.
I've checked the BIOS settings and everything looks OK, they match your recommendations in post #1 where they are available.
Struggling to find any specific mobo details, everything just comes back with HP 1993 although I know it's Haswell.
I'm thinking of re-installing Windows 10 to double check everything again even though external display worked fine last time I did that. May get some more info on the mobo that way as well. Then I'll rebuild from scratch again. Anything else I can try before doing that? Thanks.

Make sure BIOS is current.
Attach photos of all BIOS setting screens.
No other similar reports with your hardware, so suspect it is something specific with your setup...

Also check your BIOS options for an option to set a custom entry.
Yes i tried this first but no chance to select m.2 drive.
im playing with efibootmgr, i remove all entries and create new one to clover on the m.2 drive and take apart de hdd drive,
restart and after few seconds system say that no image found, if i press f9, then appears the entrie created by me and if I select it the system can boot
but again i restart notebook and if I dont press anything appears the message image not found after th logo of HP

Attachments

• efibootmgr.txt
    247 bytes · Views: 112
  • IMG_20170309_023454_614.jpg
    IMG_20170309_023454_614.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Yes i tried this first but no chance to select m.2 drive.
im playing with efibootmgr, i remove all entries and create new one to clover on the m.2 drive and take apart de hdd drive,
restart and after few seconds system say that no image found, if i press f9, then appears the entrie created by me and if I select it the system can boot
but again i restart notebook and if I dont press anything appears the message image not found after th logo of HP

You should check that \efi\boot\bootx64.efi, exists on partition 04758577-7fed-4e5f-a8ac-370d09c16317, and that the partition is the EFI partition and that it is formatted FAT32.

Yes i tried it too, fitst cloning working hdd to m.2, dont boot, then formating all m.2 from osx , convert to fat32 and installing clover and neither..

Yes i tried it too, fitst cloning working hdd to m.2, dont boot, then formating all m.2 from osx , convert to fat32 and installing clover and neither..
As far as I know, installing OS X is similar to installing Windows. When you install OS X on the target volume, it'll automatically create an ESP (EFI System Partition) on the target volume as long as the installer is booted via UEFI as well. No need to partition a drive for CLOVER and OSX. If your installing OSX on a user made CLOVER partition, then that would explain why the UEFI BIOS won't boot from it without manually selecting it.

Make sure BIOS is current.
Attach photos of all BIOS setting screens.
No other similar reports with your hardware, so suspect it is something specific with your setup...

Ya, the build-in DP interface should work with your default AML files. My HP 840 G3 could support a 3-screen-display, build-in screen, one DP (either the build-in DP or a DP of the dock) and one VGA of the dock.

As per posts, I am interested in something like 'boot order' in your BIOS. For HP's BIOS, I am sure that it could automatically boot from a disk if you could boot it from the F9 menu.
BTW, how did you 'clone' the hdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back