Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman, apologies, only just managed to get back to this today. Done some more testing with both the patches above and it looks like if they are top of that KextsToPatch listing in config.plist then the sound is OK. If they are down the bottom then sound disappears. Could well be wrong with that but it's happened that way a few times now.
Main thing is that there is still no DP output and it crashes every time there is any change on the external cable (switch on, switch off, input change etc.)
Just for info, I'm using a DP to HDMI converter going via an HDMI cable into a Sony Bravia screen. This setup worked with no problems when I had Windows 10 on the laptop so I was assuming the same here with Sierra. I'm going to take the ProBook into work tomorrow and test it on a standard monitor with a genuine DP cable to rule out any problems with my setup at home.

I've attached a new zip with the problem reporting output for both patches when attached to the screen (without the Clover and downloads folder because nothing has changed there). Config.plist from the Clover folder is in there for each, as well as well as ioreg etc.

If you need any more info, just let me know and thanks again for looking at this for me. Will let you know if anything different happens on a standard DP monitor / cable tomorrow.

Temporarily change the connector type (to <00 08 00 00> instead of <00 04 00 00>) in the patch (replace data) so you can tell if the patch is effective or not. If the patch is applied, it should affect the connector-type you see under the related framebuffer connector (framebuffer@1 is 0105, and framebuffer@2 is 0204).

Also, try a different monitor...

Your audio issues are likely unrelated. Make sure you used pre-patch_hda.sh as per post #1.

If you help, this is the name Bios in Windows
\ _SB.PCI0.SATA.PRT5

If you're referring to an NVMe SSD at that location, it means your BIOS settings are wrong.... it means you have SATA mode in RAID (Intel RST) instead of AHCI.

In order to use an NMVe drive on OS X/macOS, you cannot have it handled by Intel RST...

If that is the path of a SATA SSD, then it is expected. But you should still check that your SATA mode is not in RAID mode. And if you have 100-series chpset, don't forget SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext as per guide.

Temporarily change the connector type (to <00 08 00 00> instead of <00 04 00 00>) in the patch (replace data) so you can tell if the patch is effective or not. If the patch is applied, it should affect the connector-type you see under the related framebuffer connector (framebuffer@1 is 0105, and framebuffer@2 is 0204).

Also, try a different monitor...

Your audio issues are likely unrelated. Make sure you used pre-patch_hda.sh as per post #1.

OK, looks like the patch is being applied from the attached screenshot, the active patch in my config.plist right now is for FB@2 and that's been changed to <00 08 00 00> if I'm reading it right. I'll try both patches again tomorrow hooked up to a different monitor via a normal DP cable connection.

The pre-patch_hda.sh is referenced by "alternate/experimental" link in Post #1 - right? I haven't run that script because sound has been pretty stable (apart from what I've seen whilst looking at the DP issue) so didn't follow that link. Should I run that now? Don't mind another re-build but I just feel I'm close to a stable install right now.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 23.51.23.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 23.51.23.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 96
The pre-patch_hda.sh is referenced by "alternate/experimental" link in Post #1 - right? I haven't run that script because sound has been pretty stable (apart from what I've seen whilst looking at the DP issue) so didn't follow that link. Should I run that now? Don't mind another re-build but I just feel I'm close to a stable install right now.

You seem to be reporting problems of audio instability... Maybe you can solve by not relying on Clover hotpatch for AppleHDA (as it is not reliable). That's what pre-patch_hda.sh does...

You seem to be reporting problems of audio instability... Maybe you can solve by not relying on Clover hotpatch for AppleHDA (as it is not reliable). That's what pre-patch_hda.sh does...

OK, cool. - I'll look into that once this external DP issue is hopefully cleared up. After that I need to get hold of a compatible internal WiFi/BT card to replace the USB devices I have now. They are working but I'm not getting the full functionality from the BT side of things and didn't expect to after a bit of reading on here. I work in IT and should really go buy a real Mac but this is just way more fun and a challenge at the moment. I'm saying it a lot but your help and advice is very much appreciated.

OK, cool. - I'll look into that once this external DP issue is hopefully cleared up. After that I need to get hold of a compatible internal WiFi/BT card to replace the USB devices I have now. They are working but I'm not getting the full functionality from the BT side of things and didn't expect to after a bit of reading on here. I work in IT and should really go buy a real Mac but this is just way more fun and a challenge at the moment. I'm saying it a lot but your help and advice is very much appreciated.

Let me know how it works with a different monitor...
Also, don't forget to fix your profile (the Mobo field should indicate make/model/bootloader).
Check BIOS settings also...

I think i fill out my profile now, here is my lspi -nn from linux terminal.
I wrote at "m.2 won't" thread too, go on here or there better? Thanks!

Attachments

• lspci.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 132
I think i fill out my profile now, here is my lspi -nn from linux terminal.
I wrote at "m.2 won't" thread too, go on here or there better? Thanks!

SATA 8086:8c03 is natively supported (look at Info.plist in AppleAHCIPort.kext).
You will need to describe the problem in detail and provide data...

I think the problem is in the bios of Hp that for some reason does not look for boot files on port m.2 automatically, although manually, through the option "F9 -... boot from EFI file" it does detect the m.2 drive and can boot from it
. When I get home I will try with "efibootmgr".
Anyway, have you heard of any probook 640 g1 that has been able to boot the notebook from the EFI partition on the disc m.2?
Thanks and sorry if i have been inaccurate

thank you RehabMan :headbang::headbang::headbang:Now almost all the works on my HP Folio ElitBook 9470m
Now I need help not not working a VGA port and iMessage
for iMessageI tried every method but does not work
error
Could not sign in ti iMessage
an error occurred during activation. try again

and when I try to fix the offered methods do even worse
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back