Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ,thanks for guide .I has installed Mac OS on my probook 4530s .All functions work well (wifi , sound , brightness) but battery doesn't charge. Indicator in status menu show percents(98%) and that battery is charged. How I can fix it? Maybe reinstall ssdt.aml?

It is working correctly. The system does not generally start charging until the battery reaches a lower threshold (92-93%).

Just a random question.... I see in the guide that hibernation does not work in hackintoshes, but I've been reading that Clover itself supports the ability to hibernate a hackintosh using hibernatemode ...29?

Here is what I've read so far: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299721-sleep-hibernation-how-it-works-and-how-to-use/

Granted that is a 2 year old thread, but it states that hibernation does work to a certain extent using Clover but I am also curious if the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file causes problems with this, or if it is just the way our DSDTs are being patched?

hello,
firstly i'd like to thank you for this guide, so i can install el cap on my hp probook 430. everything is work well.
but i have some trouble when i getting my probook to sleep, its not going to sleep, just blank screen and the lights at the button (power, wifi, and sound button) is keep turning on. it's happen when i install Broadcom BCM94352HMB wifi+bt card (same as you recommend at the first post). before i install wifi card, sleep is working well. can you help me?

and how can i get the log for giving you more information? because when it happens, the screen just blank and the laptop isn't responding any key command, so i just turn it off by pressing power button

thanks before, sorry for my bad english

Just a random question.... I see in the guide that hibernation does not work in hackintoshes, but I've been reading that Clover itself supports the ability to hibernate a hackintosh using hibernatemode ...29?

Here is what I've read so far: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299721-sleep-hibernation-how-it-works-and-how-to-use/

Granted that is a 2 year old thread, but it states that hibernation does work to a certain extent using Clover but I am also curious if the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file causes problems with this, or if it is just the way our DSDTs are being patched?

Give it a try and see what happens. I've never been able to make it work, and I have SSD, so don't really want hibernation anyway (writing 8GB+ to SSD on each sleep seems like a bad idea).

hello,
firstly i'd like to thank you for this guide, so i can install el cap on my hp probook 430. everything is work well.
but i have some trouble when i getting my probook to sleep, its not going to sleep, just blank screen and the lights at the button (power, wifi, and sound button) is keep turning on. it's happen when i install Broadcom BCM94352HMB wifi+bt card (same as you recommend at the first post). before i install wifi card, sleep is working well. can you help me?

and how can i get the log for giving you more information? because when it happens, the screen just blank and the laptop isn't responding any key command, so i just turn it off by pressing power button

thanks before, sorry for my bad english

Check for assertions. (pmset -g assertions).
Keep in mind a 15-20 sec delay before sleep is normal.

Make sure you disabled "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver as per guide.

Yes you can set layout-id 7 to default. I agree with you

Done. Please let me know of any changes that should be make to post #1, "Known Problems".

Do a fresh install (to a second partition, if you wish).
Brand new paritition, 10.11.6 from apple, still no luck. Is there anything I can play with regarding the audio specifically?

Brand new paritition, 10.11.6 from apple, still no luck. Is there anything I can play with regarding the audio specifically?

Make sure you did EC reset.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Could anyone help me choose a wi-fi module for the HP Elitebook 840 G2. Still uncertain wich one would be supported well and would also work under Linux. I don't really need bluetooth.

Could anyone help me choose a wi-fi module for the HP Elitebook 840 G2. Still uncertain wich one would be supported well and would also work under Linux. I don't really need bluetooth.

Refer to your service manual to determine PCIe vs. M.2 (or physical inspection). Then read post #1 for recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back