Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , how I can get CPU temperature ? Because HWMonitor is showing only HDD temperature.
You will need to install the plugins for FakeSMC, specifically the FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext manually. After that the scripts within the guide will update them as necessary.

Bare in mind these sensor kexts will add cpu cycles, which will then decrease performance. If you absolutely have to have CPU temps then install only the FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext.

You will need to install the plugins for FakeSMC, specifically the FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext manually. After that the scripts within the guide will update them as necessary.

Bare in mind these sensor kexts will add cpu cycles, which will then decrease performance. If you absolutely have to have CPU temps then install only the FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext.

Even FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext is inefficient. Recommend installing only when needed, then after you're done with diagnostics/monitoring, remove.

Check for assertions. (pmset -g assertions).
Keep in mind a 15-20 sec delay before sleep is normal.

Make sure you disabled "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver as per guide.

Thanks RehabMan for replying my post.

I have already disable "Wake for network access". But i found this when i checked assertions :
Code:
 gendigbadig  pmset -g assertions
2016-08-12 08:37:24 +0700
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
No kernel assertions.
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

here is the screenshot:

is the "Idle sleep preventers" that causes problems? and how to solve this problems?

thanks before

Thanks RehabMan for replying my post.

I have already disable "Wake for network access". But i found this when i checked assertions :
Code:
 gendigbadig  pmset -g assertions
2016-08-12 08:37:24 +0700
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            0
No kernel assertions.
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

here is the screenshot:

is the "Idle sleep preventers" that causes problems? and how to solve this problems?

thanks before

There are no assertions listed.

help me please i want to know how to fix my 4530s i7 fix to run just @1.8-2.0 not over because it overheat

Thank alot alot

help me please i want to know how to fix my 4530s i7 fix to run just @1.8-2.0 not over because it overheat

Thank alot alot
Possible clog in fan vents, tryc leaning out with canned air, or if absolutely have too disable Turbo Boost in BIOS or use custom arguments with ssdtPRGen.sh.

Attachments

• DisableTurboBoost.kext.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 121

Thank alot alot

Perhaps you should use a different fan SSDT...

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back