Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you expect Insert to do? By F12, do you mean F12 or Fn+F12? (some BIOSes reverse the functions of Fn+Fx <-> Fx).

I was actually testing each key functionality with the "Show Keyboard Viewer" modal window that can be pulled up from the Input Source menu bar item. When a key is depressed the corresponding key on the window will highlight gray until it is released. Insert would never highlight, and F12 (not Fn+F12) would blink gray instead of sustained-highlight. I'll play around with it some more in the coming days and report back.

Hi dear friend! I have hp 4530s notebook with os x Yosemite. Everething work good.
I byu ssd and mount it instead hdd. With disk utility i copied hdd partition to sdd.
And after that have 2 problems:
1. Os x do not start from ssd if eny hdd not install to notebook.
2. When start os from ssd battery status and sound do not work, and fan very loud.

Why so? And how it fix?

I was actually testing each key functionality with the "Show Keyboard Viewer" modal window that can be pulled up from the Input Source menu bar item. When a key is depressed the corresponding key on the window will highlight gray until it is released. Insert would never highlight, and F12 (not Fn+F12) would blink gray instead of sustained-highlight. I'll play around with it some more in the coming days and report back.

To know the actual key you're pressing (Fn+F12 or F12), you need to pay attention to your BIOS settings for Fx keys, and your setting in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Use all F1,F2..".

You should use the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext if you need to know what is going on inside the keyboard driver (look at system.log... it will log each keystroke with mapping info).

From the App Store -I have it on a USB drive from when I first installed (and sound was working from that installation using the ProBook Installer)

Do a fresh install (to a second partition, if you wish).

Hi dear friend! I have hp 4530s notebook with os x Yosemite. Everething work good.
I byu ssd and mount it instead hdd. With disk utility i copied hdd partition to sdd.
And after that have 2 problems:
1. Os x do not start from ssd if eny hdd not install to notebook.
2. When start os from ssd battery status and sound do not work, and fan very loud.

Why so? And how it fix?

1. You need to install Clover and setup your EFI partition on the SSD as per post #1.
2. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

But i copy hdd to sdd and i think that all information include Clover setup is being in ssd. when notebook start clover
menu shows.

But i copy hdd to sdd and i think that all information include Clover setup is being in ssd. when notebook start clover
menu shows.

What menu?

Goodmorning, first of all i have said that i'm nub in these procedures (about hackintosh) and i don't speak very well English.

My machine is HP Elitebook 2560p with these details

HP EliteBook 2560p (Intel QM67 chipset)
Intel Core i7-2620M 2.70 GHz processor (Sandy Bridge) 6th Generation
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Ethernet - Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
Wi-Fi - Broadcom 43224HMS 582564-002 (Ven ID:14e4, Dev ID:4353)

My problem is that i can't make the wifi working (by the way in windows 10 works proper)

I read all guides about this problem but still not working and i'm really confused (of course probably i make something wrong)

I try to extract dsdt etc. , i don't understand where i must put *.aml files, also the *.plist files etc
i think that system read only config.plist so for example the config_2x70p.plist must be merged with config.plist. Am i wrong about this?
(and which config.plist may i change? This one in usb stick when the system loaded to find the partition with sytem? or this one in hdd when it starts load the OS?)

There is no a *.kext file for Broadcom 43224HMS 582564-002 that works directly without toutch the plist file or dsdt file?

Can someone help me and give simply and specify guide and steps to make Broadcom 43224HMS 582564-002 working?

Please simply and detailed steps (download this kext, put it in efi folder in usb or in hdd, open plist file and change the Ven ID and Dev ID, etc etc)

I appreciate for any help

Please help me because it's very important for me to connect in internet through wifi because i can't use cable all the time due i live in shared house and modem is in different room...

Hi there!

if You followed the steps at post 1 correctly, then You will be good.
when I replaced the not supported wifi card in my 2560p, I just boot without cache and rebuild it then reboot twice and wifi started to work
make sure that lan/wlan switching is off in bios
because when You boot with lan cable plugged in and plug it off then wifi not start automatically as in Windows and cannot turn it on like it has been disabled by bios.

Last edited:
Goodmorning, first of all i have said that i'm nub in these procedures (about hackintosh) and i don't speak very well English.

My machine is HP Elitebook 2560p with these details

HP EliteBook 2560p (Intel QM67 chipset)
Intel Core i7-2620M 2.70 GHz processor (Sandy Bridge) 6th Generation
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Ethernet - Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
Wi-Fi - Broadcom 43224HMS 582564-002 (Ven ID:14e4, Dev ID:4353)

My problem is that i can't make the wifi working (by the way in windows 10 works proper)

I read all guides about this problem but still not working and i'm really confused (of course probably i make something wrong)

I try to extract dsdt etc. , i don't understand where i must put *.aml files, also the *.plist files etc
i think that system read only config.plist so for example the config_2x70p.plist must be merged with config.plist. Am i wrong about this?
(and which config.plist may i change? This one in usb stick when the system loaded to find the partition with sytem? or this one in hdd when it starts load the OS?)

There is no a *.kext file for Broadcom 43224HMS 582564-002 that works directly without toutch the plist file or dsdt file?

Can someone help me and give simply and specify guide and steps to make Broadcom 43224HMS 582564-002 working?

Please simply and detailed steps (download this kext, put it in efi folder in usb or in hdd, open plist file and change the Ven ID and Dev ID, etc etc)

I appreciate for any help

Please help me because it's very important for me to connect in internet through wifi because i can't use cable all the time due i live in shared house and modem is in different room...

maybe You can try my working Clover setup
I attached the Clover directory from my EFI partition, You can replace yours at EFI partition /HDD/ and see if it works
/I changed the SSDT to match your cpu, i7-2620m/

but if You followed RehabMan guide You should have the same /I used 6x60 files at patch/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back