Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The image shows no errors found after 4 hours 4 minutes wall time.

I'll leave it on till tomorrow night. It's 5:35pm here so that's when I'll stop it tomorrow at the same time. Only one thing is the fan is on full speed so I take it it tests the CPU?

I'll leave it on till tomorrow night. It's 5:35pm here so that's when I'll stop it tomorrow at the same time. Only one thing is the fan is on full speed so I take it it tests the CPU?

Writing and reading from RAM uses the CPU. And of course there is no power management (speedstep) when running memtest86.

Writing and reading from RAM uses the CPU. And of course there is no power management (speedstep) when running memtest86.

Okay cheers mate. I'll leave it running till tomorrow night :)

FYI:

Updated both 4540s and 4530s to 10.11.6 via App Store without issue.

You need to debug your _LID method with ACPIDebug (as previously suggested).

Please can you help me and create a DSDT for ACPIDebug.

Updated 840 G3 to 10.11.6 via App Store without issue.

Please can you help me and create a DSDT for ACPIDebug.

It is pretty easy... disassemble your files in ACPI/origin (using refs.txt):
Code:
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Make sure you've added both the ACPIDebug repo to MaciASL.
Then apply "Add DSDT Debug Methods"
And "Instrument _LID method"
Compile to test the patches and Save As to DSDT.aml (format ACPI Machine Language Binary).
Place in ACPI/patched.

See guide for details on ACPI disassembly/etc: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Install ACPIDebug.kext (use a kext installer).
Then test your lid. Check system.log for ACPIDebug output.

Thank you i will try it.

Do you have a Windows 7 Pro 64Bit Wifi Driver for the Dell DW1560 BCM94352Z. Bluetooth i found on the Dell Homepage but no Wifi Driver for Win7

Do you have a Windows 7 Pro 64Bit Wifi Driver for the Dell DW1560 BCM94352Z. Bluetooth i found on the Dell Homepage but no Wifi Driver for Win7

I'm not running Win7. Use google. Note that Windows Update will likely grab it automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back