Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not running Win7. Use google. Note that Windows Update will likely grab it automatically.

I use google but i found nothing and Windows Update don't grab it.

Hi All,

Anyone call tell me how long it last the battery for the Hp Probook 4540s with the 1080p panel? In both windows and mac.

I'm having troubles with both, in Mac I have around 1h and 30 min and with windows around 2h and 30 min.

It is pretty easy... disassemble your files in ACPI/origin (using refs.txt):
Code:
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Make sure you've added both the ACPIDebug repo to MaciASL.
Then apply "Add DSDT Debug Methods"
And "Instrument _LID method"
Compile to test the patches and Save As to DSDT.aml (format ACPI Machine Language Binary).
Place in ACPI/patched.

See guide for details on ACPI disassembly/etc: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Install ACPIDebug.kext (use a kext installer).
Then test your lid. Check system.log for ACPIDebug output.
Rehabman i followed the guides but i can only add "Add DSDT Debug Methods"
when i try "Instrument LID0_LID" the apply button becomes un clickable

Attachments

• origin.zip
    65.1 KB · Views: 79
Rehabman i followed the guides but i can only add "Add DSDT Debug Methods"
when i try "Instrument LID0_LID" the apply button becomes un clickable

Look at the patch carefully. Note that it assumes LID0 for the device name. Note that your DSDT uses LID, not LID0. Make appropriate changes to the patch.

Hi All,

Anyone call tell me how long it last the battery for the Hp Probook 4540s with the 1080p panel? In both windows and mac.

I'm having troubles with both, in Mac I have around 1h and 30 min and with windows around 2h and 30 min.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Look at the patch carefully. Note that it assumes LID0 for the device name. Note that your DSDT uses LID, not LID0. Make appropriate changes to the patch.
Okay this the output .. still no sleep

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 99
Writing and reading from RAM uses the CPU. And of course there is no power management (speedstep) when running memtest86.

Just a quick update after 24 hours in Memtest86 it passed with no errors.

Okay this the output .. still no sleep

This patch is not expected to affect sleep. It is simply to discover what _LID is returning...

Does the output correspond to your actions?
Code:
Jul 20 15:55:10 X-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "LID._LID returning", 0x1, }
Jul 20 15:55:10 X-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "LID._LID returning", 0x1, }
Jul 20 15:55:44 X-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "LID._LID returning", 0x0, }
Jul 20 15:55:44 X-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "LID._LID returning", 0x0, }
Jul 20 15:56:22 X-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "LID._LID returning", 0x1, }
Jul 20 15:56:22 X-MacBook-Air kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "LID._LID returning", 0x1, }

At 15:55:10 the lid was open. Then at 15:55:44 it was closed. Then at 15:56:22 it was opened again.

If so, the _LID method is working perfectly.
If OS X doesn't sleep upon closing it, the cause is somewhere else.
Could be active assertions, or other software installed that is preventing sleep.

This patch is not expected to affect sleep. It is simply to discover what _LID is returning...

Does the output correspond to your actions?
Code:

At 15:55:10 the lid was open. Then at 15:55:44 it was closed. Then at 15:56:22 it was opened again.

If so, the _LID method is working perfectly.
If OS X doesn't sleep upon closing it, the cause is somewhere else.
Could be active assertions, or other software installed that is preventing sleep.
Yes that's true .
The screen dims and everything but no sleep happens , however it sleeps automatically after some time of no interaction and when sleep option is chosen from apple menu but not when lid closes.
i don't know what assertion means , and there's no software installed on the machine .

Edit:: okay it sleeps but it needs sometime unlike my Probook 450 G2 it sleeps instantly the G3 needs up to 2,3 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back