Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Folio 13 Guide (Yosemite/Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Folio 13 Guide (for Yosemite and Mavericks)

Can you tell me your exact model of laptop? For example mine is 1010-es.

Also did you try to boot the stick using the bootflag "cpus=1" (without the quotes of course)?

Hi ! Thanks for the quick reply. My model is the 13t-1000 and it has the same CPU as you. i5-2467m / HM65

Unfortunately I don't even get to Chameleon. It hangs on a black screen with a blinking cursor.

I've created 2 sticks, both following the Unibeast guide using Laptop Support. I've defaulted my BIOS settings. Just can't get the stick to boot at all.

Hi ! Thanks for the quick reply. My model is the 13t-1000 and it has the same CPU as you. i5-2467m / HM65

Unfortunately I don't even get to Chameleon. It hangs on a black screen with a blinking cursor.

I've created 2 sticks, both following the Unibeast guide using Laptop Support. I've defaulted my BIOS settings. Just can't get the stick to boot at all.

Check the guide posted by Rehabman right before you posted your reply, there are some things you should try there.

Also, which USB port are you using to boot the USB stick? The one on the left (USB3, next to HDMI) or the one on the right (USB2.0, next to the headphones, ethernet, etc)?
Try to use the USB 2.0 port if you are not already doing that, since I had some problems in the past booting from the USB3.0 port.

Forgive me, I didn't see this ! Thanks for the reply as well.
I looked over this thread and I'm a little confused. From what I'm reading, this is to get OS X Installer running once Chimera/Chameleon is already? If I'm reading it incorrectly, I apologize, first time trying it out on a laptop.

Check the guide posted by Rehabman right before you posted your reply, there are some things you should try there.

Also, which USB port are you using to boot the USB stick? The one on the left (USB3, next to HDMI) or the one on the right (USB2.0, next to the headphones, ethernet, etc)?
Try to use the USB 2.0 port if you are not already doing that, since I had some problems in the past booting from the USB3.0 port.

Unfortunately I've tried both. Still trying and I still get nothing. I won't give up though.

I looked over this thread and I'm a little confused. From what I'm reading, this is to get OS X Installer running once Chimera/Chameleon is already? If I'm reading it incorrectly, I apologize, first time trying it out on a laptop.

It is a how-to for booting the OS X installer USB as created with Unibeast.

Unfortunately I've tried both. Still trying and I still get nothing. I won't give up though.

Sorry but I can't be more helpful. Never faced your problem before. Unibeast always worked perfectly for me, creating the USB installation sticks.

What is really weird is that you don't even get the Chimera boot screen. Are you sure you are partitioning/formatting the USB stick correctly, before running Unibeast? I mean the USB should be MBR, etc. As stated in the general installation guide.

Maybe it worth trying to clean the USB stick with "diskpart" in Windows for instance (this will remove any partition, etc., from the stick). And once you have a clean, absolutelly empty unpartitioned USB, proceed once again with the installation guide?

It happened to me sometimes that even when it seems empty there are some left overs from previous things in the USB that will prevent it from boot at all. After cleaning it with diskpart the problems were solved.

It is probably an issue with the content on your HDD. Wipe it clean with diskpart.exe (Windows).

Hi,

Firstly, what a great guide! I have managed to get Yosemite 10.10.1 up and mostly running on my Folio 13-2000 with the information in this thread. I did have to swap the install pen USB ports [art way through booting from the USB3 port to the USB2 port. If I tried directly with unibeast in the USB2 port, I got a KP.

I do have a couple of questions though:
I've tried to find a patched AppleHDAAppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext but I am struggling - would anyone mind posting them?

My webcam does not appear to work - its not listed as a device in Image Capture. Any idea anyone?

The Bluetooth keyboard warning keeps popping up, even though VooodooPS2+Daemon are present and working - any idea how to make this stop?

How do I tell if the folio is running on all cores? I can see two in the HWMonitor, but I thought this CPU had 4?

Thanks for any help...

Nick

I do have a couple of questions though:
I've tried to find a patched AppleHDAAppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext but I am struggling - would anyone mind posting them?

You need to know your audio codec before attempting to search. What is it?

My webcam does not appear to work - its not listed as a device in Image Capture. Any idea anyone?

Does it show in USB section of System Information?

The Bluetooth keyboard warning keeps popping up, even though VooodooPS2+Daemon are present and working - any idea how to make this stop?

SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced. Uncheck the boxes.

How do I tell if the folio is running on all cores? I can see two in the HWMonitor, but I thought this CPU had 4?

Don't confuse "threads" (hyperthreading) for "cores"...

Hey, thanks Rehabman for the superfast reply,

The Audio Codec is IDT High Definition Audio CODEC DeviceID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E5
The Webcam isn't listed in the USB section sadly :( Possibly because the DSDT I'm using is for a Folio 13-1010es?
Thanks for the Bluetooth tip - that's gone away!
Thanks too for the info on cores/hyperthreading. Doh.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back