Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Folio 13 Guide (Yosemite/Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost back to where I was, except I don't have brightness control from the keyboard anymore (works from sysprefs)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Webcam (not listed in USB section)
left USB port (rather annoying)

Sounds like you have a USB problem...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

wireless (obviously).

You need to rebrand an AR9280. Using a FakePCIID injector is easier than patching the kext...

edit: Webcam is listed under Camera in Sysprefs and works in FaceTime - should it be listed under USB?

You will find it in both.

edit: The left USB port is working, however, it won't recognise a Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 stick. I have two, both recognised in the right port, neither in the left. Other USB (2) sticks seem to work just fine.

See note above regarding ioreg.

Using FakePCIID+FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext can help... assuming you're not using GenericUSBXHCI.kext. GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not recommended with Yosemite.

I have been following this guide on a HP Folio 13-2000 and have everything working in 10.10.5 (including rebranded wifi), but the left USB port (which is the USB3.0 one) is unfortunately not working. I have seen some other people have had a similar issue.

I was using GenericUSBXHCI.kext but as per RehabMan's advice to another poster, I removed it and installed FakePCIID+FakePCIID_XHCIux.kext with no success. My last attempt was with a patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext but no luck there either.

I noticed when using patched AppleUSBXHCI or GenericUSBXHCI when a USB flash drive is plugged into the USB 3 port everything seems to freeze for around 10-15 seconds before resuming. No USB flash drive is mounted, which works fine in the remaining (USB 2.0) port, regardless of the USB kext used.

Not sure if it helps, but the following comes up in the system.log as well on boot - no USB devices were plugged in at the time:

"Jun 11 20:29:23 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 1.591 AppleUSBXHCI::CreateRootHubDevice Bus 14 already taken
Jun 11 20:29:23 localhost kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 10V1100000002395 0x18a5 0x302 0x100, 2"

A copy of my ioreg is attached.

EDIT: I had installed the patched AppleUSBXHCI incorrectly, but since installing it correctly was still unsuccessful.

Thanks!

Attachments

• folio13-2000-2.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I have been following this guide on a HP Folio 13-2000 and have everything working in 10.10.5 (including rebranded wifi), but the left USB port (which is the USB3.0 one) is unfortunately not working. I have seen some other people have had a similar issue.

I was using GenericUSBXHCI.kext but as per RehabMan's advice to another poster, I removed it and installed FakePCIID+FakePCIID_XHCIux.kext with no success. My last attempt was with a patched AppleUSBXHCI.kext but no luck there either.

I noticed when using patched AppleUSBXHCI or GenericUSBXHCI when a USB flash drive is plugged into the USB 3 port everything seems to freeze for around 10-15 seconds before resuming. No USB flash drive is mounted, which works fine in the remaining (USB 2.0) port, regardless of the USB kext used.

Not sure if it helps, but the following comes up in the system.log as well on boot - no USB devices were plugged in at the time:

"Jun 11 20:29:23 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 1.591 AppleUSBXHCI::CreateRootHubDevice Bus 14 already taken
Jun 11 20:29:23 localhost kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 10V1100000002395 0x18a5 0x302 0x100, 2"

A copy of my ioreg is attached.

EDIT: I had installed the patched AppleUSBXHCI incorrectly, but since installing it correctly was still unsuccessful.

Thanks!

From where did you download 10.10.5?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Note: Best to use Clover hotpatch for AppleUSBXHCI...

From where did you download 10.10.5?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Note: Best to use Clover hotpatch for AppleUSBXHCI...

I got 10.10.5 from the app store, and used UniBeast 5.2.0 on a 2011 iMac to create the USB installer.

Is it possible to resolve this with Chimera or would I need to use Clover?

I got 10.10.5 from the app store, and used UniBeast 5.2.0 on a 2011 iMac to create the USB installer.

Is it possible to resolve this with Chimera or would I need to use Clover?

I recommend Clover. It is must easier to verify you have the correct patches for your hardware as everything is generally patched with config.plist.

I recommend Clover. It is must easier to verify you have the correct patches for your hardware as everything is generally patched with config.plist.

Will give it a go and report back.

Ok so using Clover things went much better! Both USB ports are working fine with AppleUSBXHCI. I still need to patch a few things but everything I had working before is still good now. So thanks for the suggestion.

One thing I'm not sure about, the 3rd Party SATA kext (via Multibeast) mentioned in the guide, do I need it?

System Information detects an Intel 6 Series Chipset working at 6gbps (AHCI Version 1.30 support), which seems to match up with what is in lspci (Intel Corporation Series 6 / C200 Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller 8086:1c03).

I would have assumed 3rd party SATA is for non Intel SATA chipsets?

One thing I'm not sure about, the 3rd Party SATA kext (via Multibeast) mentioned in the guide, do I need it?

No application to the hardware in your profile.
(there is not much in Multibeast for laptops).

No application to the hardware in your profile.
(there is not much in Multibeast for laptops).

OK. Last one, as I'm using Clover rather than Chimera, I don't need to install a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement? From reading various things it seems Clover handles the patching automatically via the AICPUPM and KernelPM KernelAndKextPatches (which are both enabled) ?

Otherwise, I'm good to go. Thanks again for your help.

OK. Last one, as I'm using Clover rather than Chimera, I don't need to install a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement? From reading various things it seems Clover handles the patching automatically via the AICPUPM and KernelPM KernelAndKextPatches (which are both enabled) ?

Otherwise, I'm good to go. Thanks again for your help.

Patching AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is provided by config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/AsusAICPUPM=true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back