Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should not remove /Library/Caches like that.
Run the macOS installer again to restore.

As for the garbled screen, it seems likely you did not enable CSM/legacy boot as per guide.
Read the guide carefully regarding correct BIOS settings.
Do you mean I must install again or have a way to restore /Caches ?
I found that I can read and write macOS partition on ubuntu.Can I copy another /Caches to my system to fix this issue?

Do you mean I must install again or have a way to restore /Caches ?
I found that I can read and write macOS partition on ubuntu.Can I copy another /Caches to my system to fix this issue?

If you run the installer without erasing, it will refresh the /Library/Caches (and other things you may have damaged).

Of course.
Given you just installed, you should still have the USB...
thank you. However I don't have High Sierra installer... I think I should restore back to Sierra then update again...

I found a option in Recovery "re install". Should I use it? If I use it, do it convert my partitiom to apfs?

I found a option in Recovery "re install". Should I use it? If I use it, do it convert my partitiom to apfs?

No idea.
I have never used that option.

No idea.
I have never used that option.
After tried this option. It's run re-install my hackintosh. I affair that it would delete all my data, but luckily, it's not :D. It's also convert my partition to APFS, luckily that I copy apfs.efi to an NTFS partition before (thank god :D). I guess that have no way to convert APFS back to HFS+ without loss data, but APFS is fine for me. I just wonder if APFS boot time slower than HFS+ or not? :/
After the install done, when I press F3 at Clover screen, I see that system have 2 prebooter partition. Could you please tell me what is it?

After the install done, when I press F3 at Clover screen, I see that system have 2 prebooter partition. Could you please tell me what is it?

Those partitions come with the APFS setup you now have.
They are hidden by default via settings in config.plist.

Those partitions come with the APFS setup you now have.
They are hidden by default via settings in config.plist.
I understood. Thank you :D. The 1 thing I don't like APFS is I can't mount the partition on another OS. If I make a backup of current macOS by disk util then I format the partition back to HFS+ then restore the OS back, will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back