Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I got a problem with my hackintosh and i dont know how to fix it.
I made a clone of my macOs HD by CCC to an external hdd, and I also made a recovery partition. All boot well.
After that I go to windows and format macOs hd.
Then I restart. And now my clover do not show my macOs hd and recovery on external hdd.
What should I do to boot to recovery or macos on external hdd?

Hi. I got a problem with my hackintosh and i dont know how to fix it.
I made a clone of my macOs HD by CCC to an external hdd, and I also made a recovery partition. All boot well.
After that I go to windows and format macOs hd.
Then I restart. And now my clover do not show my macOs hd and recovery on external hdd.
What should I do to boot to recovery or macos on external hdd?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm sorry but I can't boot into macOS anymore :(

The FAQ is quite clear regarding the required files in that scenario. Read it again. Carefully.

The FAQ is quite clear regarding the required files in that scenario. Read it again. Carefully.
Sorry for my lazy. I just came home from office. Here is my Clover folder. I just can get it from ubuntu.

Attachments

• CLOVER_11042018.zip
    2 MB · Views: 114
Sorry for my lazy. I just came home from office. Here is my Clover folder. I just can get it from ubuntu.

No misc/preboot.log. You forgot to press F2. Please read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Note: You have several not-recommended kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Clover is also old.

Keep in mind your external drive will not be detected by Clover if you fail to disable "fast boot" in BIOS.

No misc/preboot.log. You forgot to press F2. Please read "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.

Note: You have several not-recommended kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Clover is also old.

Keep in mind your external drive will not be detected by Clover if you fail to disable "fast boot" in BIOS.
Thank you for your suggest. I was able to boot macOS from external HDD after disable "Legacy support" in BIOS. After use CCC to clone macOS back to SSD, it's also make my macOS run on HFS+ instead of APFS as before :D.
Do I really need to update clover to newest version and delete not-recommended kexts on EFI? Could u tell me which are them?

Thank you for your suggest. I was able to boot macOS from external HDD after disable "Legacy support" in BIOS. After use CCC to clone macOS back to SSD, it's also make my macOS run on HFS+ instead of APFS as before :D.
Do I really need to update clover to newest version and delete not-recommended kexts on EFI? Could u tell me which are them?

Definitely a good idea to keep Clover up-to-date.

Extra/wrong kexts:
AHCIPortInjector.kext
ALXEthernet.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
IntelBacklight.kext

Definitely a good idea to keep Clover up-to-date.

Extra/wrong kexts:
AHCIPortInjector.kext
ALXEthernet.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
IntelBacklight.kext
Thank you :3

Hi !

First of all, thanks for this tutorial. The installation on my HP Envy 17-k102nf seems to have run correctly and everything works (except wifi and bluetooth but I suppose that the components of my computer are not compatible with macOS). However, sometimes the computer does not turn off completely and when I close my computer screen and reopen it, the computer no longer wants to wake up (I had the same problem with Windows that was related to Intel Management Engine Interface). When the screen turns itself off without closing it, I can wake it up. Could you help me?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 165
  • IOReg.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 134
  • RehabMan.zip
    48.5 KB · Views: 139
  • output - kextstat.txt
    903 bytes · Views: 119
  • output - extensions kextcache.txt
    2 KB · Views: 134
Status