Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the procedure that I followed.

in my experience i’ve followed these steps:

1) From widows prepares a usb stick With windows 7/8/10
First, format the USB stick with rufushttps://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
Make a partition NTFS, and Partition scheme target system type in GPT partition scheme for UEFI
Select the windows ISO and play start When the USB stick is ready Shut down and remove all drives. Connect the MSATA drive and restart.
F9
select the UEFI USB and boot.
When the Windows Start installation press SHIFT + F10 ( this open Prompt command)
Follow this commands:
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0( if you have only Msata connected)(if you have more disks changes 0 with the number of Your MSATA drive)
clean
convert gpt
exit
exit
continue installation without format volume. it’s time to start windows and do some checking on your desktop press Win+r in the run window write msinfo32
this open System information. If all it’s right you see: BIOS Mode EUFI. This is good.

2) Now connect the SSD SATA and follow step by step rehabman Guide for El Capitan
(leave Sierra use El Capitan is better for hp envy) When you're done at the Clover boot can select your system.
ENJOY

Sorry But work

Attachments

• VID-20170124-WA0005.3gp.zip
    7 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I'm sorry
you do not believe my experience.
I do not know the technical terms.
But I can guarantee that it works

I have no problem with you sharing your experience. And I'm not sure why you get the impression I don't believe that your system works.

I don't think you have clearly described what exactly you did... I'm just trying to get you to clearly document what you've done. Hence the suggestion to check the content of your two EFI partitions.

I have no problem with you sharing your experience. And I'm not sure why you get the impression I don't believe that your system works.

I don't think you have clearly described what exactly you did... I'm just trying to get you to clearly document what you've done. Hence the suggestion to check the content of your two EFI partitions.
Watch the video.
If you want I can make a more complete video

This is the procedure that I followed.

in my experience i’ve followed these steps:

1) From widows prepares a usb stick With windows 7/8/10
First, format the USB stick with rufushttps://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
Make a partition NTFS, and Partition scheme target system type in GPT partition scheme for UEFI
Select the windows ISO and play start When the USB stick is ready Shut down and remove all drives. Connect the MSATA drive and restart.
F9
select the UEFI USB and boot.
When the Windows Start installation press SHIFT + F10 ( this open Prompt command)
Follow this commands:
diskpart
list disk
select disk 0( if you have only Msata connected)(if you have more disks changes 0 with the number of Your MSATA drive)
clean
convert gpt
exit
exit
continue installation without format volume. it’s time to start windows and do some checking on your desktop press Win+r in the run window write msinfo32
this open System information. If all it’s right you see: BIOS Mode EUFI. This is good.

2) Now connect the SSD SATA and follow step by step rehabman Guide for El Capitan
(leave Sierra use El Capitan is better for hp envy) When you're done at the Clover boot can select your system.
ENJOY

Sorry But work

FYI... this implies:
- you installed Windows to the mSATA drive. EFI\Microsoft will be on the mSATA
- you installed OS X to the SATA drive. EFI\Clover will be on the SATA SSD.

If you could confirm that is the result (by actually looking at each EFI partition), that would be great.
CONFIRMED in #851.

Last edited:
I have no need to watch the video.
Dear friend. if you read my post
I always thanks you
even when You do not give answersand remand to post 1.
I always say to follow your guide.
just now I asked your permission to give my experience.
Why you do not believe in my hack?

FYI... this implies:
- you installed Windows to the mSATA drive. EFI\Microsoft will be on the mSATA
- you installed OS X to the SATA drive. EFI\Clover will be on the SATA SSD.

If you could confirm that is the result (by actually looking at each EFI partition), that would be great.
Yes i confirm

Sorry but my original language is not english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back