Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to make the battery status work I tried googling and following instructions here and there. VoodooBattery.kext was part of that.
1. For removing it should I delete VoodooBattery.kext from clover folder or is there any command which I need to execute ?

I will re apply post installation steps from post 1 and will let you know how it went.

Follow the guide in post #1 as written.
Your battery will work if you follow the guide.
What you have done (according to the files in post #976) is wrong.

Follow the guide in post #1 as written.
Your battery will work if you follow the guide.
What you have done (according to the files in post #976) is wrong.

Thank you so much RehabMan for direction and guidance.
I removed VoodooBattery.kext and unnecessary kext files. Re-applied patches from GIT repo. Revisited post 1. Apparently I totally ignored the SMBIOS settings step earlier, this time applied it properly, rebooted.
Every thing started to work.

Hi RehabMan,I'm in 10.12.3, with all correct, I have been looking at the possible faults that exist when upgrading to .4 and .5. Are these shortcomings already resolved in his repo of Envy? I say because Andrw0380 posted that were solved thanks to their contributions and their help.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi RehabMan,I'm in 10.12.3, with all correct, I have been looking at the possible faults that exist when upgrading to .4 and .5. Are these shortcomings already resolved in his repo of Envy? I say because Andrw0380 posted that were solved thanks to their contributions and their help.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

The only thing I can think of that hasn't been done is automatically installing Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.
Nothing reported here, so not sure if they are needed for HD4600 on these series laptops.
You should try the guide and see what happens.

Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext would be easy to add to download.sh as they are already available on my bitbucket site.

The only thing I can think of that hasn't been done is automatically installing Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.
Nothing reported here, so not sure if they are needed for HD4600 on these series laptops.
You should try the guide and see what happens.

Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext would be easy to add to download.sh as they are already available on my bitbucket site.

I have the HD 4600, and the kext needs them in 12.3.
The question was mostly because I saw in the post Problems in 10.12 Sierra that in 12.4 there were problems with IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext and did not know if they were solved.
If so, is upgrading to version 12.6 currently stable or does it advise me to stay on 12.5?

I have the HD 4600, and the kext needs them in 12.3.

Some have reported not needed for HD4600.
You will need to test.
If they are needed (to solve the Safari video playback problem), reply here, and I'll add them to download.sh.

The question was mostly because I saw in the post Problems in 10.12 Sierra that in 12.4 there were problems with IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext and did not know if they were solved.
If so, is upgrading to version 12.6 currently stable or does it advise me to stay on 12.5?

This guide already implements the AppleBacklightInjector.kext method when running 10.12.x.
Refer to the code in install_downloads.sh and you'll see.

I see no reason not to update to 10.12.6... I'll be making the appropriate changes for 10.13.x soon.

FYI:

I went ahead and added Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext along with other changes for 10.13.

Some have reported not needed for HD4600.
You will need to test.
If they are needed (to solve the Safari video playback problem), reply here, and I'll add them to download.sh.

Yes, I need them to solve the video bugs in Safari, on a HD 4600.Thanks for helping.

Hi RehabMan,I just updated to 10.12.6 and everything perfect.
One last question, is there any way to make the Nvidia 840M graphics work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back