Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your guide, you say that touch and pen feature somewhat weird in Sierra. Is this fixed yet?

No, I'm not using Sierra currently.

Under I2C1 and TPL1, change XDSM to _DSM.

*** Edit - if that works, you'll have single touch on the generic interface. It's quite possible that our input reports are formatted the same. If you want to see if that's the case, then compile a new kext, but in VoodooI2C.cpp, change WCOM4814 to WCOM4804. If it's formatted the same you'll have multitouch as described in the first post. If that doesn't work, then change it back, enable the logs in the input report function and capture input report data for 1-5 fingers. Post it up and I'll help you adjust VoodooI2C.

Made the changes but it still panics on startup.

Made the changes but it still panics on startup.

You have a lot going on in your config. For example, you are applying the _OSI to XOSI patch, but you also have your dsdt patched for OSYS. If you're not using an XOSI ssdt (maybe you are, I have no idea, but then why patch for win10?), OSYS calls are probably not going anywhere which will affect how interrupts are generated, etc. You're also using the port limit patch which is probably not a good idea. There may be other things as well, I didn't look at your config the first time otherwise I would have mentioned it. The USB stuff probably doesn't matter for VoodooI2C, but the OSYS stuff will.

Can you tell the hover range of the Styles to the tablets surface ?
The hover on both the HP and Wacom stylus seems good to me but I'm no artist. Maybe half an inch to 3/4s. Doesn't much matter, the Elite is very good at palm rejection regardless of whether or not the stylus is involved.

tested the X2 with the HP USB-C to HDMI converter, works perfect.
Will now try and test the X2 with the USB-C docking station from HP

Looking forward to hearing back from you, as I'm thinking of buying this dock myself.

I'm surprised that so few people seem to be interested in this amazing tablet. I've had my fair share of Hackintoshs, but this is by far the most versatile and amazing one. Apart from minor things (mobile data, microSD, Thunderbolt) things work wonderfully, including the stylus (I've tried both the original one and one from Lenovo, and the latter seems to work more smoothly).

What I especially appreciate is gesture control with up to five-finger-gestures. Awesome.

@jhax01 Thanks a ton for your efforts with getting this tablet working with OS X so beautifully and for putting together the instructions.

As far as Thunderbolt is concerned I am not sure why it is not working with Sierra (tried the 'HP Elite 65W Thunderbolt 3 Dock P5Q54AA with 10.12.4), as 10.12 should be able to cope with it. If that gets resolved at some point the Elite x2 is going to replace my 'sierra-d' Intel NUC. Until then I am back with 10.11 for the reasons mentioned in the original post.

I'm surprised that so few people seem to be interested in this amazing tablet. I've had my fair share of Hackintoshs, but this is by far the most versatile and amazing one. Apart from minor things (mobile data, microSD, Thunderbolt) things work wonderfully, including the stylus (I've tried both the original one and one from Lenovo, and the latter seems to work more smoothly).

What I especially appreciate is gesture control with up to five-finger-gestures. Awesome.

@jhax01 Thanks a ton for your efforts with getting this tablet working with OS X so beautifully and for putting together the instructions.

As far as Thunderbolt is concerned I am not sure why it is not working with Sierra (tried the 'HP Elite 65W Thunderbolt 3 Dock P5Q54AA with 10.12.4), as 10.12 should be able to cope with it. If that gets resolved at some point the Elite x2 is going to replace my 'sierra-d' Intel NUC. Until then I am back with 10.11 for the reasons mentioned in the original post.

Have you tried the TB3_Enabler patch?

Try that and then attempt to use the Dock once plugged in at boot up, then once plugged in at the clover screen. Check About this Mac -> System Report each time.

Have you tried the TB3_Enabler patch?

Try that and then attempt to use the Dock once plugged in at boot up, then once plugged in at the clover screen. Check About this Mac -> System Report each time.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, the problem is not just that the dock is unsupported, but that the Thunderbolt bus isn't even showing up in Sierra.

Do you have palm rejection?

I do. On 10.11.6, that is. Haven't tested on Sierra.

*** 6/5/17 - Updated VoodooI2C. see first post for kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back