Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, your El Cap. guide says installing OsxAptioFix*2*Drv-64 rather than OsxAptioFixDrv-64. Are they typo? Or OsxAptioFixDrv-64 for Sierra and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 for El Cap?

Install Clover to the USB with the follow options:

• Install for UEFI booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP
  • All themes
  • Drivers64UEFI
    • EmuVariableUEFI-64
    • OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Install RC scripts on target volume

I found small but serious issue on Sierra. When I swap 'ctrl' key and 'caps lock' key on System Preference, ctrl key behaves as if it's locked. (ie. ctrl-h works as delete as expected. And when ctrl is locked, you see led lit, just typing h works as delete! )
Thus I love to have ctrl key just between tab & shift, it's pretty serious problem for me. Is it VoodooPS2 thing?

(now I reverted to El Capitan)

Side effect of the work around for the caps lock bug.
You can swap the keys via ACPI ("Custom ADB Map").
Refer to the u430 repo for ideas.

By the way, your El Cap. guide says installing OsxAptioFix*2*Drv-64 rather than OsxAptioFixDrv-64. Are they typo? Or OsxAptioFixDrv-64 for Sierra and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 for El Cap?

Earlier versions of Clover would only work with the AptioFix2 on the Elite, but I don't think that's the case any longer.

Question regarding replacing the WiFi card. I found this DW1560 on ebay (I hope posting links to ebay is allowed as I am not advertising ;) ):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-DW1560...628950?hash=item3d1218eed6:g:2REAAOSwKfVXGd1A

It says it is DW1560 but in the description specifically says it is not compatible with HP, that is why I am a bit hesitant.
@jhax01: Are you able to have a quick look at the link and let me know if you think this is suitable for the Elite?

I am in NZ and it is quite hard (and expensive) to source within the country.

Thanks,
Juergen

Question regarding replacing the WiFi card. I found this DW1560 on ebay (I hope posting links to ebay is allowed as I am not advertising ;) ):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-DW1560...628950?hash=item3d1218eed6:g:2REAAOSwKfVXGd1A

It says it is DW1560 but in the description specifically says it is not compatible with HP, that is why I am a bit hesitant.
@jhax01: Are you able to have a quick look at the link and let me know if you think this is suitable for the Elite?

I am in NZ and it is quite hard (and expensive) to source within the country.

Thanks,
Juergen
It will be fine. They are referring to HP computers that have a whitelist (The Elite does not have a whitelist). I've used both the Dell DW1560 94352ZAE based card, and the Lenovo 94352Z card (which requires notching).

It will be fine. They are referring to HP computers that have a whitelist (The Elite does not have a whitelist). I've used both the Dell DW1560 94352ZAE based card, and the Lenovo 94352Z card (which requires notching).

Thanks for confirming.

@ALL Turns out the MSR 0xE2 lock bit is set on the Elite and that is why you get a kernel panic when using a power management SSDT. I should have recognized the problem earlier and just happened to see a post with a similar problem while trolling the forum yesterday. Anyway, add pike r alpha's xcpm_idle kernel patch in clover and X86platformplugin and shim will load. I'll update the guide and posted config plist when I get a chance. I just started using it myself so at this point I don't know if there's any benefit to be had in terms of battery life / performance.

you may want to try and enable the minStolenSize if you can't set your video memory size to 64mb (128mb would be better)
There's an option for it in the bios so no need for the patch.

nice guide. i am looking for a new mac tablet. this one fits well.
i am looking to get HP spectre x2. from the specs, the spectre and elite almost same, beside the cpu and ram. i am just wondering if this guide will work for spectre, before i pull the trigger for the spectre x2.

Thanks Jhax01 ... ended up wiping the el capitan install and doing a clean install of Sierra from your guide. Worked perfectly.

Just have to do the part for imessage/facetime but waiting on my dell wlan card to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back