Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link. I tried building from the branch you posted. But I'm still getting only single taps and 2 fingers scrolling. Is there anything that I could have missed?

Thanks and regards,
Bubu

Did you set up the keyboard shortcuts as stated at the end of the first post? If you are able to two finger scroll then it is collecting the multitouch data. Also bear in mind that the although the swipe distance remains the same, the time to execute a gesture was increased to reduce / eliminate unintended triggering.

Did you set up the keyboard shortcuts as stated at the end of the first post? If you are able to two finger scroll then it is collecting the multitouch data. Also bear in mind that the although the swipe distance remains the same, the time to execute a gesture was increased to reduce / eliminate unintended triggering.

Thanks for your reply jhax01.

I didn't create the 4 and 5 fingers shortcuts, but the stock ones (3 fingers) are there as-is. But it isn't even recognising the 3 fingers.

Thanks and regards,
Bubu

Thanks for your reply jhax01.

I didn't create the 4 and 5 fingers shortcuts, but the stock ones (3 fingers) are there as-is. But it isn't even recognising the 3 fingers.

Thanks and regards,
Bubu
Ok, try the attached kext. I just tested it myself so I know it works. I'd like to stress again that there is more delay built in so when you swipe in a direction, hold it until the shortcut fires. This 'old' version of VoodooI2C is basically an alpha, once the rewrite is complete, there will be no more kernel panics etc...Shouldn't be too much longer.

Attachments

• VoodooI2C.kext.zip
    71 KB · Views: 237
Ok, try the attached kext. I just tested it myself so I know it works. I'd like to stress again that there is more delay built in so when you swipe in a direction, hold it until the shortcut fires. This 'old' version of VoodooI2C is basically an alpha, once the rewrite is complete, there will be no more kernel panics etc...Shouldn't be too much longer.

Thanks for your kext jhax01.

I found out what went wrong. I've reassigned the keys for Control, Command and Option (I'm a Windows user, I remapped Command to Ctrl and stuff). Thats why the swipes weren't responding correctly.

Could you point me to the configs (ApplePS2Keyboard kext?) I need to modify in order to keep my current keys?

Thanks and regards,
Bubu

Thanks for your kext jhax01.

I found out what went wrong. I've reassigned the keys for Control, Command and Option (I'm a Windows user, I remapped Command to Ctrl and stuff). Thats why the swipes weren't responding correctly.

Could you point me to the configs (ApplePS2Keyboard kext?) I need to modify in order to keep my current keys?

Thanks and regards,
Bubu

I see. Guess that explains that.

I don't mess around with the keyboard layout so I have no idea where you should look, sorry.

If anyone wants to try the re-write, I'm attaching the needed kexts. You can leave the Apple I2C kexts intact. Place both the attached kexts in your Clover kexts/Other folder. There isn't any different behavior, all the swipes remain the same as documented in the first post, but because the rewrite uses interrupts vs polling, there is no CPU usage (ie - battery drain) from VoodooI2C at idle and more touch accuracy. These are not the final version, but are modified versions of what I use currently with UPDD. I think you will find them to be stable. I've tested them on my device, which is a gen 2 Elite, but there shouldn't be any difference for the gen 1 Elite. As soon as the rewrite is finalized, I'll update and release the source on my fork.

Attachments

• VoodooI2C-interruptsBuiltInGest.zip
    94.3 KB · Views: 208
Hello folks. In an effort to have a PS2 keyboard kext with good sleep/wake properties, no random key presses on reconnect/wake and the ability to accept ACPI inputs ala VoodooPS2, here's a SmartTouchPad/VoodooPS2 replacement I put together based on/with scraps from VoodooPS2, ApplePS2Controller, and what little EmlyDinesh released from his Elan kext. I don't have the Gen 1 Elite to test anymore, but there shouldn't be any reason that it won't work just as well. It is targeted to Sierra so the build settings would likely need to be changed if you want to try it on El Capitan (as well as the brightness key maps).

As for the volume keys, things are slightly different as I made no changes to the way that ApplePS2Keyboard handles scan codes. The bottom line is that each scan / break code has to be sent in sequence. So for the Elite add the following in the volume key SSDT -

Code:
Volume Up—

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0xE0)
                    Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x30)
                    Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0xB0)

Volume Down—

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x2E)
                    Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0xAE)

And, of course, you can eliminate the RMKB device as well as the ACPIKeyboard kext.

For the future, I will probably adjust it so it will take all the data in one shot. It works for now tho. Also, I'm going to look into eliminating the deprecated IOSyncer functions, but need to do a little research first to ensure reliability isn't affected. So far I've had zero problems with reconnects/sleep/wake or random key presses causing issues with bluetooth, etc.

Binaries attached -- The source is located here if you'd like to look/build it yourself - https://github.com/blankmac/PS2Keyboard

@RehabMan I copied the message function in the ACPIPS2Nub verbatim from VoodooPS2. if I'm not crediting your work appropriately please let me know.

Attachments

• PS2Keyboard.zip
    87 KB · Views: 263
Hello folks. In an effort to have a PS2 keyboard kext with good sleep/wake properties, no random key presses on reconnect/wake and the ability to accept ACPI inputs ala VoodooPS2, here's a SmartTouchPad/VoodooPS2 replacement I put together based on/with scraps from VoodooPS2, ApplePS2Controller, and what little EmlyDinesh released from his Elan kext. I don't have the Gen 1 Elite to test anymore, but there shouldn't be any reason that it won't work just as well. It is targeted to Sierra so the build settings would likely need to be changed if you want to try it on El Capitan (as well as the brightness key maps).

As for the volume keys, things are slightly different as I made no changes to the way that ApplePS2Keyboard handles scan codes. The bottom line is that each scan / break code has to be sent in sequence. So for the Elite add the following in the volume key SSDT -

Code:
Volume Up—

Volume Down—

And, of course, you can eliminate the RMKB device as well as the ACPIKeyboard kext.

For the future, I will probably adjust it so it will take all the data in one shot. It works for now tho. Also, I'm going to look into eliminating the deprecated IOSyncer functions, but need to do a little research first to ensure reliability isn't affected. So far I've had zero problems with reconnects/sleep/wake or random key presses causing issues with bluetooth, etc.

Binaries attached -- The source is located here if you'd like to look/build it yourself - https://github.com/blankmac/PS2Keyboard

@RehabMan I copied the message function in the ACPIPS2Nub verbatim from VoodooPS2. if I'm not crediting your work appropriately please let me know.

Appreciate your support and commitment to continue building this thread jhax01.

Sad to learn that you don't have your G1 anymore, but I still look forward to your High Sierra thread in the very near future.

Thanks again for all the help you've rendered.

Best Regards,
Bubu

Code:
Volume Up—

Volume Down—

Can you help me because I have problem with voodooI2C, it sometimes random panic. Without voodooI2C my system boots fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 10.32.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 10.32.41 AM.png
    282.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 10.33.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 10.33.56 AM.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back