Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you RehabMan, that did the trick.

Need some help with the following, please...

Brightness / Keyboard
I've begin patching, used the patched files jhax01 provided, patched them using the MaciASL. But my brightness is still broken (the glare is killing me). Keyboard is not working either, the Control (seems to be Alt for me), Option (Fn?) and Command (Windows?) keys are not working.

Wi-Fi on en1
Internal (broadcom DW1560) Wi-Fi is on en1. Removed Wi-Fi from Network Preference, rebooted, re-added, didn't work. Can't locate the NetworkInterfaces.plist in S/L/SystemConfiguration/ . By the way, it detects 5Ghz networks, but can only connect to 2.4Ghz networks. Do I have to resort to NullEthernet?

Microphone
The internal microphone seems broken too. Its picking up a lot of noises even when in a quiet room (can't get dictation to work). Siri can't seem to hear anything from me.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Bubu

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you RehabMan, that did the trick.

Need some help with the following, please...

Brightness / Keyboard
I've begin patching, used the patched files jhax01 provided, patched them using the MaciASL. But my brightness is still broken (the glare is killing me). Keyboard is not working either, the Control (seems to be Alt for me), Option (Fn?) and Command (Windows?) keys are not working.

Wi-Fi on en1
Internal (broadcom DW1560) Wi-Fi is on en1. Removed Wi-Fi from Network Preference, rebooted, re-added, didn't work. Can't locate the NetworkInterfaces.plist in S/L/SystemConfiguration/ . By the way, it detects 5Ghz networks, but can only connect to 2.4Ghz networks. Do I have to resort to NullEthernet?

Microphone
The internal microphone seems broken too. Its picking up a lot of noises even when in a quiet room (can't get dictation to work). Siri can't seem to hear anything from me.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Bubu

Keyboard - you have to go into the keyboard preferences / modifier keys and swap command and option as they are reversed ( a common hackintosh problem). If you are using the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext, ensure that fine brightness control is set to false in the Keyboard plist. As much as I don't like using closed source stuff, the Elite has an issue with sleep when using VoodooPS2 that I was never able to resolve. If you meant that brightness control doesn't work at all and you're on 10.12.4+, you need to follow the instructions here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Wifi - the network interface plist is located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ . Delete it and add your wifi back after a reboot and you should be good to go.

Microphone -- Not sure what you're using, but the latest version of AppleALC worked pretty well for me on the first gen Elite.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Keyboard - you have to go into the keyboard preferences / modifier keys and swap command and option as they are reversed ( a common hackintosh problem). If you are using the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kext, ensure that fine brightness control is set to false in the Keyboard plist. As much as I don't like using closed source stuff, the Elite has an issue with sleep when using VoodooPS2 that I was never able to resolve. If you meant that brightness control doesn't work at all and you're on 10.12.4+, you need to follow the instructions here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Wifi - the network interface plist is located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ . Delete it and add your wifi back after a reboot and you should be good to go.

Microphone -- Not sure what you're using, but the latest version of AppleALC worked pretty well for me on the first gen Elite.

Hope that helps!

That definitely helped!

Thank you so much for putting together this guide jhax01.

What worked since my last post
1) I managed to fix Bluetooth. AirDrop works, have yet to try HandOff.
2) Microphone is working now. I managed to trigger Siri via "Dictation Keyword Phrase" (i.e.: "Hey" Siri).
3) Brightness control works now (at the expense of touchscreen, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't).
4) Wifi is now on en0 (got iMessage/FaceTime/AppStore to work too).

What is still broken

I still can't connect to 5GHz networks. Worse now, I can't even detect 5GHz.

I append the necessary files when reporting errors, as requested by RehabMan for your kind assistance please.

Thanks and regards,
Bubu

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 250
  • Patchmatic Terminal IOReg.zip
    841 KB · Views: 232
That definitely helped!

Thank you so much for putting together this guide jhax01.

What worked since my last post
1) I managed to fix Bluetooth. AirDrop works, have yet to try HandOff.
2) Microphone is working now. I managed to trigger Siri via "Dictation Keyword Phrase" (i.e.: "Hey" Siri).
3) Brightness control works now (at the expense of touchscreen, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't).
4) Wifi is now on en0 (got iMessage/FaceTime/AppStore to work too).

What is still broken

I still can't connect to 5GHz networks. Worse now, I can't even detect 5GHz.

I append the necessary files when reporting errors, as requested by RehabMan for your kind assistance please.

Thanks and regards,
Bubu

You have kexts in both the Other and 10.12 folders, you should do one or the other. Also, you will probably get the best results from installing the FakePCIID and Broadcom kexts to /s/l/e or /l/e. Personally, on this particular device, I installed all the kexts except VoodooI2C, which I left in the clover Other folder.

Also, if you are going to load VoodooI2C from Clover and leave the Apple I2C kexts intact, you'll need to change the IOProbeScore in the info.plist of the kext to 9999 (it is currently 5000). That's why it is loading intermittently...

Last edited:
You have kexts in both the Other and 10.12 folders, you should do one or the other. Also, you will probably get the best results from installing the FakePCIID and Broadcom kexts to /s/l/e or /l/e. Personally, on this particular device, I installed all the kexts except VoodooI2C, which I left in the clover Other folder.

Also, if you are going to load VoodooI2C from Clover and leave the Apple I2C kexts intact, you'll need to change the IOProbeScore in the info.plist of the kext to 9999 (it is currently 5000). That's why it is loading intermittently...

Thank you jhax01. My apologies for the hiatus.

As advised, I've installed the kexts (except VoodooI2C) into s/l/e and removed them from 10.12 and Others (kept a copy of VoodooI2C). To play safe, I've also set the IOProbeScore to 9999 and moved the Apple I2Cs into a backup folder. Panic only a couple of times since then.

VoodooIC2
Could you please, fix the links to your multitouch? I tried rebuilding from your repository and using the kext you included in your attachments, but I'm only getting single touch.

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad
Are your touchpad gestures working? Same thing here, I took yours, and also EMlyDinEsH's (4.7b5) from the other site, can't seem to get it working either. I only got 2 fingers scrolling and 1 finger tapping to work.

Thanks and regards,
Bubu

Thank you jhax01. My apologies for the hiatus.

As advised, I've installed the kexts (except VoodooI2C) into s/l/e and removed them from 10.12 and Others (kept a copy of VoodooI2C). To play safe, I've also set the IOProbeScore to 9999 and moved the Apple I2Cs into a backup folder. Panic only a couple of times since then.

VoodooIC2
Could you please, fix the links to your multitouch? I tried rebuilding from your repository and using the kext you included in your attachments, but I'm only getting single touch.

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad
Are your touchpad gestures working? Same thing here, I took yours, and also EMlyDinEsH's (4.7b5) from the other site, can't seem to get it working either. I only got 2 fingers scrolling and 1 finger tapping to work.

Thanks and regards,
Bubu

VoodooI2C is in the midst of a rewrite and has switched to GPIO interrupts vs polling. I'll update the built-in gestures branch once things are finalized and tested. For now, you should build from here - https://github.com/blankmac/VoodooI2C/tree/BuiltInGestures

The touchpad for the Elite is USB, not PS2. We are only using the SmartTouchPad kext for its PS2 keyboard driver and its ability to allow the Elite to sleep properly vs VoodooPS2. AFAIK there aren't any gesture enabled USB touchpad drivers for OS X so you're out of luck in that department.

The touchpad for the Elite is USB, not PS2. We are only using the SmartTouchPad kext for its PS2 keyboard driver and its ability to allow the Elite to sleep properly vs VoodooPS2.

Someone should do some debugging of VoodooPS2Keyboard to see what is going on with the sleep issue.
It is open source...

Someone should do some debugging of VoodooPS2Keyboard to see what is going on with the sleep issue.
It is open source...

I'll take a crack at it eventually. It would be nice to be able to eliminate ACPI Keyboard which is needed for the volume hard keys.

VoodooI2C is in the midst of a rewrite and has switched to GPIO interrupts vs polling. I'll update the built-in gestures branch once things are finalized and tested. For now, you should build from here - https://github.com/blankmac/VoodooI2C/tree/BuiltInGestures

The touchpad for the Elite is USB, not PS2. We are only using the SmartTouchPad kext for its PS2 keyboard driver and its ability to allow the Elite to sleep properly vs VoodooPS2. AFAIK there aren't any gesture enabled USB touchpad drivers for OS X so you're out of luck in that department.

Thanks for the link. I tried building from the branch you posted. But I'm still getting only single taps and 2 fingers scrolling. Is there anything that I could have missed?

Thanks and regards,
Bubu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back