Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything working as described so again big thanks for the guide (still waiting for the Wifi/BT replacement to arrive) except for one tiny detail... double-clicking on the touchscreen. No matter what I set the double-click speed to it doesn't seem to have an effect.
Double-clicking on the trackpad button or double touching the trackpad works fine.
Any ideas?

Everything working as described so again big thanks for the guide (still waiting for the Wifi/BT replacement to arrive) except for one tiny detail... double-clicking on the touchscreen. No matter what I set the double-click speed to it doesn't seem to have an effect.
Double-clicking on the trackpad button or double touching the trackpad works fine.
Any ideas?

If you're on El Cap, try toggling Tap to Click and then change the speed. I had no issues with this on 10.11. If you're on Sierra, then it has something to do with an HID change between the two OS versions. I haven't quite figured out how to handle it, but I don't think it's a speed thing, most likely an accuracy problem.

Do you have one of the HP USB type C docks? Does that work?

I only use the Elite when traveling and away from my P35X or desktop so I don't really have a need for the dock. Someone in one of these threads mentioned that a usb-c to HDMI adapter did work so it's possible, but I don't know for sure.

I only use the Elite when traveling and away from my P35X or desktop so I don't really have a need for the dock. Someone in one of these threads mentioned that a usb-c to HDMI adapter did work so it's possible, but I don't know for sure.

I got this one on Amazon. It charges the tablet, plus you get HDMI, Ethernet and USB3 from it via the USB-C port. They have other options too, depending on what ports you need. It works great in Windows 10, but I haven't tested it in OS X yet. Had to reload mine.

I got this one on Amazon. It charges the tablet, plus you get HDMI, Ethernet and USB3 from it via the USB-C port. They have other options too, depending on what ports you need. It works great in Windows 10, but I haven't tested it in OS X yet. Had to reload mine.
Ok, I'll be interested to hear your results. I saw in the Miix 700 thread that you prefer it to the Elite, you should have kept at it! I'm sure you would have figured out the touchscreen thing eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back