Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your guide to the letter so far ... I'm wondering if this is an NVME drive?

I followed your guide to the letter so far ... I'm wondering if this is an NVME drive?
It's possible, there are models with an NVME drive preinstalled. You should be able to check that easily from the Windows device manager.

** - Though I'm pretty sure the NVME models have weird drive sizes, like 140GB and 240GB, etc.

Sometimes it's the little things that thwart us, you probably did this but it doesn't hurt to check...you said you're doing a Sierra install, but the kexts in this thread are placed in the 10.11 kext folder. Did you move them to the the 10.12 folder in Clover?

I placed them in both
Ok, that's not needed, but probably doesn't do any harm either. If you have the SATA-100 unsupported kext in the 10.12 folder and you're able to boot to the installer, then I'm kind of at a loss as to what the problem may be (unless your drive is NVME).

checked the drive and it is sata.

created brand new installer, copied and pasted the kexts into it, but still not seeing the ssd (which is also wiped now)

Edit. Just to make sure it wasn't the sierra installer I created a new USB drive with El Capitan. Installed clover to the USB with the recommended settings. Used clover configurator to install the required file and remove the vbox file. Copy pasted the files from your clover USB zip but still the same issue.

Last edited:
I looked up the model and it's sata. Created 2 new USB sticks (sierra and El Capitan) and placed the sata-100-series-unsupported.kext in efi/clover/kexts/10.11 (and 10.12) but no joy

Do I need to do anything else except copy pasting the kexts files there?

I wonder of this is the issue:

IMG_2729.JPG

Last edited:
I looked up the model and it's sata. Created 2 new USB sticks (sierra and El Capitan) and placed the sata-100-series-unsupported.kext in efi/clover/kexts/10.11 (and 10.12) but no joy

Do I need to do anything else except copy pasting the kexts files there?

I wonder of this is the issue:

View attachment 235771

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

EFI folder attached, just creating linux live usb to get that terminal output

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back