Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who installed Sierra. Was it installed from scratch or updated from El Capitan? Thanks!

People who installed Sierra. Was it installed from scratch or updated from El Capitan? Thanks!

It doesn't really matter much. In each case, the macOS installer is booted standalone (to do the update, or to do fresh install).

I folllowed the guide to install mac os Sierra (10.12.6) to my elite x2. Installation worked fine so far but when it comes to patching the DSDT.dsl file i get following compiler error (Illegal recursive call to method that creates named objects (_E16)). The other SSDT files worked just fine. Also wifi is not working for me. I replaced with a dell dw1560 (working on windows) and performed the fcvo patch.

Attachments

• debug_3091.zip
    243.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Clover.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
I folllowed the guide to install mac os Sierra (10.12.6) to my elite x2. Installation worked fine so far but when it comes to patching the DSDT.dsl file i get following compiler error (Illegal recursive call to method that creates named objects (_E16)). The other SSDT files worked just fine. Also wifi is not working for me. I replaced with a dell dw1560 (working on windows) and performed the fcvo patch.

Easy fix... just remove this code from the method:
Code:
            OperationRegion (SPRT, SystemIO, 0xB2, 0x02)
            Field (SPRT, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
            {
                SSMP,   8
            }

It is not necessary as there is another definition of SPRT,SSMP in global scope.

FYI: Although it is not causing an error (no recursive calls), you can also remove the same code from DMSI.

Easy fix... just remove this code from the method:
Code:
            OperationRegion (SPRT, SystemIO, 0xB2, 0x02)
            Field (SPRT, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
            {
                SSMP,   8
            }

It is not necessary as there is another definition of SPRT,SSMP in global scope.

FYI: Although it is not causing an error (no recursive calls), you can also remove the same code from DMSI.

Thank you so far! That helped me out getting all my Acpi files patched. But Wifi card still not usable. Any idea on that one?

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • debug_22742.zip
    675.2 KB · Views: 102
Thank you so far! That helped me out getting all my Acpi files patched. But Wifi card still not usable. Any idea on that one?

You do not have current FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext. Current version is 1.3.13. You have 1.3.2.

Note also: You could also use AirportBrcmFixup.kext + Lilu.kext instead of the FakePCIID kexts + fcvo patch.

You do not have current FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext. Current version is 1.3.13. You have 1.3.2.

Note also: You could also use AirportBrcmFixup.kext + Lilu.kext instead of the FakePCIID kexts + fcvo patch.

To get this clear cause I'm not that much into this. What does
  • Non native/inject Brcm device_id (one method)
    • config.plist/Devices/FakeID/WIFI/0x43a014e4
in the wifi guide mean / what I have to do? And for the first part I just have to copy AirportBrcmFixup.kext + Lilu.kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

Thanks again for your support!!

To get this clear cause I'm not that much into this. What does
  • Non native/inject Brcm device_id (one method)
    • config.plist/Devices/FakeID/WIFI/0x43a014e4
in the wifi guide mean / what I have to do? And for the first part I just have to copy AirportBrcmFixup.kext + Lilu.kext into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

Thanks again for your support!!

No need for any FakeID setting.

Easiest solution is AirportBrcmFixup.kext+Lilu.kext. That's all you need.

Next easiest is FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext+FakePCIID.kext + 'fcvo' patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch (for 10.12).

I have transitioned my guides to AirportBrcmFixup...

No need for any FakeID setting.

Easiest solution is AirportBrcmFixup.kext+Lilu.kext. That's all you need.

Next easiest is FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext+FakePCIID.kext + 'fcvo' patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch (for 10.12).

I have transitioned my guides to AirportBrcmFixup...

Wifi is working now but bluetooth isn't. Anything additional to do to get also bluetooth working?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 127
  • debug_9721.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 96
Wifi is working now but bluetooth isn't. Anything additional to do to get also bluetooth working?

USB configuration problem.
No BT on the USB bus. Make sure it is enabled in BIOS.
Then configure USB as per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Also, your ACPI/patched content is wrong. Start over with the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

And start with config.plist from the guide (they have a good way to deal with ACPI renames/etc):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hint: Since you don't have dual GPU, there should be no patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back