Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of picking up one of these machines to give this a try. A portable pen-input Mac has something I've been trying in various ways and is my ideal machine. The hard work done here is amazing and much appreciated!

The reason for my post is that I just wanted to check in to see whether the pen buttons work since that'd be critical to the way I'd use the device. That and does pressure sensitivity work in Sierra? I think I saw that support for that may have been removed after El Cap. And of course, if there's a better machine since this thread/machine, feel free to suggest I try a different route.

Last edited:
Picked up this machine today and first steps of the install went well and was happy to see 10.11 running on it. Unfortunately the main reason for having picked it up was for touch and pen input. Unfortunately neither are working and the Voodooi2c.kext leads to kernel panics. I've been doing hours of reading but still am not confident I understand what I'm doing, so any help would be tremendously and sincerely appreciated. Seemed so straight forward from that guide, but need to get some sleep :( Thanks to anyone that can help me sort this out.
IMG_5647.jpg

Picked up this machine today and first steps of the install went well and was happy to see 10.11 running on it. Unfortunately the main reason for having picked it up was for touch and pen input. Unfortunately neither are working and the Voodooi2c.kext leads to kernel panics. I've been doing hours of reading but still am not confident I understand what I'm doing, so any help would be tremendously and sincerely appreciated. Seemed so straight forward from that guide, but need to get some sleep :( Thanks to anyone that can help me sort this out. View attachment 306539

Try the latest release here - https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C/releases

I don't have this tablet anymore so I don't recall if it is set up for GPIO interrupts out of the box. If the above is still getting KPs for you, post your ioreg and Clover folder (minus themes).

Thanks so much for the response. Not getting KP's anymore, though it doesn't enable Touch or Pen input. Clearly this must be user error, I'm just not sure where to go from here. Seems like there are some dependancies not present. Posted the ioreg output and Clover Folder here. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • ioreg.txt
    33.9 KB · Views: 204
Thanks so much for the response. Not getting KP's anymore, though it doesn't enable Touch or Pen input. Clearly this must be user error, I'm just not sure where to go from here. Seems like there are some dependancies not present. Posted the ioreg output and Clover Folder here. Thanks again for your help.

I'm afraid that text document doesn't do me any good for the ioreg. Choose 'Save a copy as' in the file menu and upload that. At first glance everything else looks ok. Put VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID from the latest release page in the kexts/Other folder in Clover and if that doesn't fix the problem, upload the ioreg as I described.

My apologies for the newbie error. Here's the copy output from IORegistryExplorer. Unfortunately I'm still not able to get touch or pen input to work despite your last suggestions.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    482.4 KB · Views: 75
I can't get in to the installer :(

Attachments

• IMG_5117.JPG
    IMG_5117.JPG
    889.1 KB · Views: 109
My apologies for the newbie error. Here's the copy output from IORegistryExplorer. Unfortunately I'm still not able to get touch or pen input to work despite your last suggestions.

The problem is in your config plist. You have 'rename _DSM to ZDSM'. VoodooI2C only evaluates for _DSM and XDSM so change the replace portion of that patch to '58 44 53 4d' and you should be good to go.

Edit ** -- Although you have tons of unnecessary things going on in that config as well...Nothing wrong with doing it your own way, but you're kinda on your own in the troubleshooting department...

Last edited:
I can't get in to the installer :(

Try using OsxAptioFix instead of OsxAptioFix2. At the time the guide was written, Clover and it's drivers were in a totally different state.

Try using OsxAptioFix instead of OsxAptioFix2. At the time the guide was written, Clover and it's drivers were in a totally different state.
Unfortunately it still doesn't work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back