Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go :)

Some extra Info:
Elite x2 G2 i7
El Capitan

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 113
Here you go :)

Some extra Info:
Elite x2 G2 i7
El Capitan

No wonder then, this thread is for the Elite x2 1012 G1

I haven't written a guide for the G2 yet. If you look at post #201 of this thread, there is a folder containing all the needed items to hot patch the G2 (for High Sierra). If you're going to install El Cap, then you'll need to spoof SkyLake since there is no support for KabyLake prior to 10.12.6.

Ah Thanks :) would you recommend using high sierra?

Ah Thanks :) would you recommend using high sierra?

It's all preference / use case. There are a couple advantages for El Cap, pen pressure sensitivity works and double clicking with the touchscreen works like its supposed to. OTOH, High Sierra is definitely smoother and has native KabyLake support. For myself, I don't need pen pressure sensitivity and I can tolerate the clicking issues so....

The problem is in your config plist. You have 'rename _DSM to ZDSM'. VoodooI2C only evaluates for _DSM and XDSM so change the replace portion of that patch to '58 44 53 4d' and you should be good to go.

Edit ** -- Although you have tons of unnecessary things going on in that config as well...Nothing wrong with doing it your own way, but you're kinda on your own in the troubleshooting department...

Thanks. And boy, what a doorknob I am for not noticing the config issue :p Thank you. Everything's running great so far. Learned a lot thanks to you and this thread and leading me to learn about many other aspects of this. Curious to see if I can learn to work with voodooi2c to get access to both pen buttons, and maybe get some other touch gestures to work (pinch sure would be nice to get at one day too).

Next step is installing Windows on a small partition I left available. Strangely caught on a basic issue. Not quite sure how to get it to NTFS from HFS though...gotta look into that. Just being cautious after the guide said: "Use only OSX partition types (even for what will be your windows installation) If you use exfat or fat anywhere, it will create a hybrid disk and Windows 10 will NOT install later (forcing you to start over)". I was going to format it as FAT and hoped the win installer would then finally see it for a NTFS format operation. A quick point in the right direction there from anyone would be great.

That's only referring to the initial drive partitioning... If you use anything other than an OSX type it will create the hybrid disk. Now that OSX is installed and the disk is already GUID, you can erase and reformat the windows partition with the windows installer. Just take note of the size so you know which one it is in the windows setup.

It's all preference / use case. There are a couple advantages for El Cap, pen pressure sensitivity works and double clicking with the touchscreen works like its supposed to. OTOH, High Sierra is definitely smoother and has native KabyLake support. For myself, I don't need pen pressure sensitivity and I can tolerate the clicking issues so....
Thanks! :D Everything is working in high sierra now except for the graphics it shows only 19 mb any idea on how to fix this?

I Still can't get it to work :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back