Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realized that I don't quite have a handle on this enough to roll my own. So I've had to go back to using your patched files and config.plist. Unfortunately things don't seem to work when I patch things myself (SSDT's are named differently despite my efforts to patch them similarly and fix compile errors), which worries me since it's recommended in the guide to do that with the iasl tools.

Things seem to work great though. Except for the serial number process for iMessage which is a major one. Though I think that's probably because I don't have the proper hardware yet to fulfill the requirement of placing something at en0. Unfortunately am I correct in assuming this also affects my ability to install via app store and use other iCloud services as well?

Still learning and trying to catchup with everyone here. Also need to sort out why the battery drains when asleep (related to my SSD I suspect).

I've tried everything but the graphics hd620 keeps showing only 19mb

Are you using the latest Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup? Post your Clover folder.
Attached it! :D

EDIT: I posted one without the intel kext accidentally removed it while zipping attached the .kext I'm using

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8 MB · Views: 121
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

EDIT: I posted one without the intel kext accidentally removed it while zipping attached the .kext I'm using

Ok, well get rid of FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics and put the IntelGraphicsFixup kext in with the others... Reboot, open a terminal window and let me see the output of - sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Ok, well get rid of FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics and put the IntelGraphicsFixup kext in with the others... Reboot, open a terminal window and let me see the output of - sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Tried a few more times in an effort to be thorough but unfortunately following the instruction regarding iMessage yields a panic as attached (not that that's helpful). Tried a few other methods too. Based on reading various posts: am I correct in assuming that this is likely because I don't have the en0 requirement fulfilled? I could live without iMessage for now, but want to make sure I'm setup for app store updates and other iCloud services. Just don't want to make a mess of the process or post on here too much. Hoping to make sure I'm venturing down the right path.

Also wanted to ask whether anyone has an idea where I should look to find out where the sleep power drain comes from. I know you mentioned some power management issues regarding NVMe drives (which the Samsung in there isn't).

Attachments

• IMG_5650.jpg
    IMG_5650.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
Tried a few more times in an effort to be thorough but unfortunately following the instruction regarding iMessage yields a panic as attached (not that that's helpful). Tried a few other methods too. Based on reading various posts: am I correct in assuming that this is likely because I don't have the en0 requirement fulfilled? I could live without iMessage for now, but want to make sure I'm setup for app store updates and other iCloud services. Just don't want to make a mess of the process or post on here too much. Hoping to make sure I'm venturing down the right path.

Also wanted to ask whether anyone has an idea where I should look to find out where the sleep power drain comes from. I know you mentioned some power management issues regarding NVMe drives (which the Samsung in there isn't).

Yeah, you have to have a network device on en0. You should try this until if/when you install a compatible wifi card - https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back