Hi,
Any idea why I got kernel panic when booting Clover from install USB with:
>!ASMC 3.1.9
|IOPCI !F 2.9
|IOACPI !F 1.4
@kec.Libm 1
@kec.pthread 1
@kec.corecrypto 1.0

My X2 has i5-7300U, using the Clover folder posted on Page 1, installing Mojave 10.14.5. I've tried using the latest kexts but still got panic at the same spot.
Thanks

Issue has been resolved with BIOS setting. Installation has been completed, it works as stated in this thread.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Elite X2 G2
CPU
i5-7300U
Graphics
HD 620, 2736x1834
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,
Any idea why I got kernel panic when booting Clover from install USB with:
>!ASMC 3.1.9
|IOPCI !F 2.9
|IOACPI !F 1.4
@kec.Libm 1
@kec.pthread 1
@kec.corecrypto 1.0

My X2 has i5-7300U, using the Clover folder posted on Page 1, installing Mojave 10.4.5. I've tried using the latest kexts but still got panic at the same spot.
Thanks
Sorry, typo, should be Mojave 10.14.5. The issue has been resolved via BIOS settings.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ThinkPad T530
CPU
M3 6Y30
Graphics
HD 515
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, iMac, Performa, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
I haven't installed Mojave on my tablet yet. I do have a few questions.
What works and what doesn't. Like does the touchscreen work or cameras and when/if I swap out the wifi card does it will work in Windows. (If i dual boot windows and mac)

I just wanna know that I can use it as a tablet and not just as the laptop. Id like to be able to use it as I currently do with windows 10. With being able to switch between a tablet mode and laptop mode. Like having a onscreen keyboard and being able to use the touch screen as the mouse and all of that. Then be able to just plug and play the keyboard with the trackpad and use it as a laptop.

I also Wanna know if Ill be able to control the screen brightness and change the volume with the buttons. The buttons are needed but the screen brightness would be nice for my eyes and battery like mainly.

Motherboard
HP Elite X2
CPU
i5-7600U
Graphics
HD 620 2736 x 1834
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, 512K
Mobile Phone
iOS
I haven't installed Mojave on my tablet yet. I do have a few questions.
What works and what doesn't. Like does the touchscreen work or cameras and when/if I swap out the wifi card does it will work in Windows. (If i dual boot windows and mac)

I just wanna know that I can use it as a tablet and not just as the laptop. Id like to be able to use it as I currently do with windows 10. With being able to switch between a tablet mode and laptop mode. Like having a onscreen keyboard and being able to use the touch screen as the mouse and all of that. Then be able to just plug and play the keyboard with the trackpad and use it as a laptop.

I also Wanna know if Ill be able to control the screen brightness and change the volume with the buttons. The buttons are needed but the screen brightness would be nice for my eyes and battery like mainly.
The touchscreen works fine, the dw1560 works in windows/linux/osx, the cameras do not work on the G2 (pci based), but do work on the G1 (usb based). There is no 'tablet mode' in macOS and it was in no way designed for a touchscreen, but the X2 isn't too bad with just the touchscreen and the accessibility keyboard. And yes, the volume buttons and brightness control works.

Motherboard
ThinkPad T530
CPU
M3 6Y30
Graphics
HD 515
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
The touchscreen works fine, the dw1560 works in windows/linux/osx, the cameras do not work on the G2 (pci based), but do work on the G1 (usb based). There is no 'tablet mode' in macOS and it was in no way designed for a touchscreen, but the X2 isn't too bad with just the touchscreen and the accessibility keyboard. And yes, the volume buttons and brightness control works.
Thank you for the response! That was all of the info I was wanting. I have the G1 and I just wanted to make sure that if I upgrade the wifi it would still work in windows. I also wanted to just make sure Things like camera and stuff worked because in my opinion it would defeat the purpose of doing this if I couldnt get everything working right.

Last question. Do you think Mac OS is a good OS replacement/alternative to Windows 10 on the G1? I like Windows 10 as a tablet OS but I hate it as a desktop OS. Windows 10 also eat RAM like it doesn't even care. I also prefer macOS as a mobile OS.

Motherboard
ThinkPad T530
CPU
M3 6Y30
Graphics
HD 515
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
OK, So Ive got the OS installer to boot (Mojave) and once I start the instal it reboots. Also, I turned off Secure Boot and nothing is in the full HD resolution.

Ive managed to instal High Sierra without reboots but once I start the install process of Mojave it craps out and reboots.

EDIT: I disabled Legacy Boot and its running at the full resolution.
It still reboots once I click install.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Elite X2
CPU
i5-7600U
Graphics
HD 620 2736 x 1834
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, 512K
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK, So Ive got the OS installer to boot (Mojave) and once I start the instal it reboots. Also, I turned off Secure Boot and nothing is in the full HD resolution.

Ive managed to instal High Sierra without reboots but once I start the install process of Mojave it craps out and reboots.

EDIT: I disabled Legacy Boot and its running at the full resolution.
It still reboots once I click install.
It's normal. It can reboot 2-4 times during the installation. Also, remove the VoodooI2C kexts from the installer's clover folder to make sure it's not a kp at unload happening.

Motherboard
ThinkPad T530
CPU
M3 6Y30
Graphics
HD 515
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
Motherboard
ThinkPad T530
CPU
M3 6Y30
Graphics
HD 515
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
Well, that's very likely a kernel panic. Did you remove the VoodooI2C kexts? How did you create the installer?
I built it in terminal and im rebuilding it now incase something got messed up. I use the createinstallermedia.

UPDATE 1: Mojave is installing. So far so good!

Last edited: