CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Fair enough, but somebody deleted the reply in which he explained that he had set his profile but it kept disappearing. I can verify that he did because I saw it yesterday. Now his messages are deleted and he's suspended. Rules are rules, etc, fine, but he explained that there was a problem occurring. And AFAIK he wasn't looking for help in the main support section where someone might not know anything about his device, he was seeking it here and I don't need that info to know how to help him. Not to mention that he already demonstrated the will to find/research solutions on his own. I've been in the hackintosh scene for the better part of 12 years, and this is one of the only places where I see beginners dealt with in this fashion instead of some patience and an attempt to bring them into the fold of the hobby. </highhorse>
From the rules:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you....

It really isn't difficult to add in your system specs, most peeps find it more of a challenge to install and setup macOS

also the information that was entered in the profile was against the rules as AMD processors are not supported here

Yes, a few new arrivals tend to forget to add in their profile and after someone mentions this, they soon add in their information

Motherboard
HP Elite X2
CPU
i5-7600U
Graphics
HD 620 2736 x 1834
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, 512K
Mobile Phone
iOS
From the rules:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you....

It really isn't difficult to add in your system specs, most peeps find it more of a challenge to install and setup macOS

also the information that was entered in the profile was against the rules as AMD processors are not supported here

Yes, a few new arrivals tend to forget to add in their profile and after someone mentions this, they soon add in their information
Yeah, I know the rules. :rolleyes: You've missed the point entirely. Honesty, I only come here anymore because this is the best source of information for laptop devices, desktops not so much... though with the absence of @RehabMan, that's not likely to last either...

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Fair enough, but somebody deleted the reply in which he explained that he had set his profile but it kept disappearing. I can verify that he did because I saw it yesterday. Now his messages are deleted and he's suspended. Rules are rules, etc, fine, but he explained that there was a problem occurring. And AFAIK he wasn't looking for help in the main support section where someone might not know anything about his device, he was seeking it here and I don't need that info to know how to help him. Not to mention that he already demonstrated the will to find/research solutions on his own. I've been in the hackintosh scene for the better part of 12 years, and this is one of the only places where I see beginners dealt with in this fashion instead of some patience and an attempt to bring them into the fold of the hobby. </highhorse>
Seems to me that his profile violated forum rules because he specified AMD parts.

Motherboard
HP Elite X2
CPU
i5-7600U
Graphics
HD 620 2736 x 1834
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, 512K
Mobile Phone
iOS
Seems to me that his profile violated forum rules because he specified AMD parts.
It's y'alls house, you can run it however you like, but if nobody mentioned it specifically then the nuance was probably lost on him. It seems to *me* that both of you miss the point entirely in your need to push rules and be 'correct'.

Motherboard
HP Elite X2
CPU
i5-7600U
Graphics
HD 620 2736 x 1834
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, 512K
Mobile Phone
iOS
Wait for it...........

Motherboard
ThinkPad T530
CPU
M3 6Y30
Graphics
HD 515
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, iMac, Performa, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
Look whos back!!! "Axe though wooden door"

So, Ive managed to get everything working but Im having issues with sleep and in Intel Power Gadget its reading that the CPU never goes lower than 1.3GHz

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS

So, Ive managed to get everything working but Im having issues with sleep and in Intel Power Gadget its reading that the CPU never goes lower than 1.3GHz
that may be due to Apple

you may be able to use this:

Motherboard
HP Elite X2
CPU
i5-7600U
Graphics
HD 620 2736 x 1834
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, 512K
Mobile Phone
iOS

What's happening with sleep? Instant wake, etc? Post your problem reporting files if you're still having issues. As for the CPU, that is normal. You can use CPU friend to lower the idle frequency, however, I have found that it adds up to .5 watts of additional power consumption. You'll be able to verify it in Power Gadget if you try it.

Motherboard
ThinkPad T530
CPU
M3 6Y30
Graphics
HD 515
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, iMac, Performa, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
What's happening with sleep? Instant wake, etc? Post your problem reporting files if you're still having issues. As for the CPU, that is normal. You can use CPU friend to lower the idle frequency, however, I have found that it adds up to .5 watts of additional power consumption. You'll be able to verify it in Power Gadget if you try it.

For sleep. Its basically instant wake. Huge battery drain during "sleep"

I did a test to see if it was falling asleep. I charged it to 100% and then unplugged and closed it. When I opened it up. The battery was around 90-95%

As for the idle. So if I use CPU Friend it will lower the clocks but use more power?

I can upload files as needed. Just ask for what you need.

Motherboard
HP Elite X2
CPU
i5-7600U
Graphics
HD 620 2736 x 1834
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
128K, 512K
Mobile Phone
iOS
For sleep. Its basically instant wake. Huge battery drain during "sleep"

I did a test to see if it was falling asleep. I charged it to 100% and then unplugged and closed it. When I opened it up. The battery was around 90-95%

As for the idle. So if I use CPU Friend it will lower the clocks but use more power?

I can upload files as needed. Just ask for what you need.
Hit F4 at clover and extract yourDSDT/SSDTs and then upload your clover folder. Instant wake has to do with USB power methods usually so we rename/replace and use an SSDT to take care of that. There is probably something you're missing.

No harm in trying to lower the idle if you wish, but in my personal experience, it consumes more power.