Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted

Last edited:
I have a 8300 CMT which is fully setup and working including the App Store. I also now have a SFF 8300 which I may use instead. Can I just swop the drives, or is it going to cause issues due to Mac address changes or something else?

I am having a slight issue. I have OSx working, and I finally got my Fenvi t919 installed. However, osx isn't recognizing it. I have the case lid off, and the green/orange light is on, so it appears to be all good. I have it in the 1x slot, and have it plugged into the usb.

do you have to have the card physically installed when you install OSx via the instructions here? If so, is there a way to get it working, or do i need to go through the entire process again, not that the card is installed?

I am having a slight issue. I have OSx working, and I finally got my Fenvi t919 installed. However, osx isn't recognizing it. I have the case lid off, and the green/orange light is on, so it appears to be all good. I have it in the 1x slot, and have it plugged into the usb.

do you have to have the card physically installed when you install OSx via the instructions here? If so, is there a way to get it working, or do i need to go through the entire process again, not that the card is installed?
Where did you buy the Fenvi card from ? Did you test it out with Windows 7 or 10 to see if it works there ?

Last edited:
You should just be able to add the card after installation and it work. Thats what I did with my wifi/bt card (not a fenvi).

Where did you buy the Fenvi card from ? Did you test it out with Windows 7 or 10 to see if it works there ?
I got it from NewEgg. i can go install windows on another drive to test. I'll get back in a few days with updates. just wanted to make sure i didn't need to update anything in clover, or a bios setting or something.

I got it from NewEgg. i can go install windows on another drive to test. I'll get back in a few days with updates. just wanted to make sure i didn't need to update anything in clover, or a bios setting or something.
That's good then you still have an easy return if it proves to be defective. First step in troubleshooting is to determine whether it's a hardware or a software problem. I'm not sure that Windows 10 has the driver for that card but you can at least check in Device Manager to see if it shows up there or not. You can also Google to find the Win10 driver too.

I cannot for the life of me get the full installer for High Sierra or Mojave! all I get is the 19mb version I've tried all the solutions to get the full version and was apparently successful but it just doesn't work! I'm using a hp 6300 with gt 710 and cannot get past the install screen it says the app to run the installer is out of date :( any help would be appreciated!

I cannot for the life of me get the full installer for High Sierra or Mojave! all I get is the 19mb version I've tried all the solutions to get the full version and was apparently successful but it just doesn't work! I'm using a hp 6300 with gt 710 and cannot get past the install screen it says the app to run the installer is out of date :( any help would be appreciated!
What kind of Mac or CustoMac are you doing the download of macOS with ? What is the system definition ?

Amazing guide! I've successfully installed Mojave from start to finish without any problems, other than the fact I can't get HDMI audio to work? I'm using a 27 inch Samsung monitor and a GTt 710; the system sounds work find but when I play a video on youtube there is no sound at all! I installed the voodoo kext with KextBeast, etc.! Am I missing a setting? Any help would be appreciated also the text on screen is very rough around the edges and a little bit blurry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back