Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Is GT710 is supported by Mojave w/o web drivers natively ? I have a GT 1030 on my running dual boot system but I cant update to Mojave due to lack of web drivers. I have another 8300SFF with GT710 which kids use as a Win10.Should I wait a little bit more or it is a reasonable to swap them? I dont do any video editing etc, just watching videos.
Thanks in advance

Should I wait a little bit more or it is a reasonable to swap them? I dont do any video editing etc, just watching videos.
It's your call for how long to wait for Nvidia drivers. If you want to change to the 710 and use Mojave now you could do that. It should not need Web drivers to work with Mojave. Some 710s with DDR5 ram may need Inject Nvidia to work. I've never owned one so I'm not 100% sure but that's what some say here.

Hi I have too managed to build a stable mac os build and after a huge amount of trial and error got a dual boot system with Windows working. I must admit I still don't fully understand the different elements (eg EFI).

Next request - is there a tutorial that I can follow to update to mojhave?

Hi I have too managed to build a stable mac os build and after a huge amount of trial and error got a dual boot system with Windows working. I must admit I still don't fully understand the different elements (eg EFI).

Next request - is there a tutorial that I can follow to update to mojave?
There is really not much difference to installing Mojave vs. High Sierra. You do need an updated Clover and kexts for Mojave to work. The primary question to ask you is, do you want an in place upgrade or to perform a clean install of Mojave ?

Always make a bootable backup (clone) of your HS system drive before attempting Mojave.

Last edited:
Thanks TRS96. I've vat a small 120gb SSD so I'm going to try both. Just checked the download section and found unibeast and multibeast for mojhave, where are the new kexts located and are they the same ones (voodoohda and applehdadisabler) or do we need any others?

I'm guessing that updating is more than simply clicking on the downloaded mojhave install file - any help with a guide and secondly, is there a guide for making a bootable clone of the HS SYSTEM?

where are the new kexts located and are they the same ones (voodoohda and applehdadisabler) or do we need any others?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/kexts.11/
If you're using VoodooHDA you would just re-install it and HDA Disabler kext to /L/E just like in the Sierra/H.Sierra guides. Use the same 2.9.0 kext you used before. Install it after the successful Mojave update.

I'm guessing that updating is more than simply clicking on the downloaded mojhave install file - any help with a guide and secondly, is there a guide for making a bootable clone of the HS SYSTEM?
Make sure to update FakeSMC kext in Clover/Kexts/other folder before the update. You can always update Clover with Multibeast option after you've upgraded to Mojave.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

If you're not on APFS already you will be converted to that automatically with Mojave.

If you're not using APFS driver loader and are doing an in place upgrade, you'll need to get 10.14 APFS.efi first.
Install it to drivers64UEFI in the Clover folder of your system drive.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-current-and-past-apfs-efi-downloads.236103/

Here's a guide for making a bootable clone:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...able-clone-of-your-macos-system-drive.254705/

Last edited:
Thanks again TRS96. Ive just managed to do fresh of Mojave install on my test 120GB SSD. Everthing seems to work, except the bootup, but reconfigured my original working High Sierra drive as SATA0 allowed me to boot and the Mojave seems to work perfectly including the sound.

I'll read up on how to backup and try to "update to Mojave," as it takes me ages to understand instructions that may seem simple to experienced users ( Eg Make sure to update FakeSMC kext in Clover/Kexts/other folder before the update. You can always update Clover with Multibeast option after you've upgraded to Mojave. If you're not on APFS already you will be converted to that automatically with Mojave.If you're not using APFS driver loader already and are doing an in place upgrade, you'll need to get 10.14 APFS.efi first. Install it to drivers64UEFI in the Clover folder of your system drive ???)

Cheers

P :)

Thanks again TRS96. Ive just managed to do fresh of Mojave install on my test 120GB SSD. Everthing seems to work, except the bootup, but reconfigured my original working High Sierra drive as SATA0 allowed me to boot and the Mojave seems to work perfectly including the sound.

You've found the easiest way to go to Mojave. Didn't even require making a clone of your HS drive. Good work.

I'm having an issue with my USB ports dying every few minutes. My Sabrent USB audio adapter and IO Gear Bluetooth 4.0 adapter both go undetected, so I manually have to unplug and replug the bluetooth adapter to get my magic mouse and wireless keyboard to get recognized. I heard something about USB changes in El Capitan and Sierra that may cause USB issues, since this does not happen on my Yosemite ssd.

Can you help point me in the right direction please?
@trs96 My desktop's MB died and I am looking to replace the whole computer rather than build another and I am trying to decide between the I5 8300 SFF or Mini-tower.

I have four 4GB DDR3 memory, a GT 1030 and MSI RX 560 card, SSD, HDDs, etc. I would like to have 16GB as I had on my dead system.

Option 1: SFF ($178)
1) Add two 4GB RAM sticks to get 16 GB; but does the 8300 SFF have four RAM slots or just two?
2) Reuse the GT 1030 and stay on HS (and wait for Mojave drivers)

Option 2: Mini-Tower ($214)
1) Add two 4GB RAM; I assume it has 4 slots.
2) Reuse the RX 560 and for Mojave.
3) Does this system have standard or custom PSU?

Another option is to go with: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076D46673/?tag=tonymacx86com-20. The description says Intel HD 2500, but I confused since I thought this CPU had HD4000. What is correct?

What would you recommend? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back