Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a guide like this post to installing Big Sur on an HP 6300?
Sniki has a Clover and OpenCore version. The GT 710 is still supported in Big Sur.

Sniki has a Clover and OpenCore version. The GT 710 is still supported in Big Sur.
Awesome, will check it out.

Glad to hear the 710 still works

Anyone of you guys have updated to macOS Ventura ?

Anyone of you guys have updated to macOS Ventura ?
If you want to run Ventura and have native support you'll need at least a Kaby Lake i5-7500 CPU and 7th gen Intel chipset motherboard. There are some HP models that meet those requirements. The 600/800 G3 with a KL CPU is one choice for a low cost Ventura hack. I don't recommend the excessive amount of patching people resort to for Ventura on IvyBr. or older hardware. For those that want a Dell, which is slightly more compatible, those models would be the Optiplex 5050/7050s. Again with an i5-7500 or better for the HD630 graphics. Use either iMac 18,2 or 18,3 as the SMBIOS with the closest match. Those used the i5-7500, i5-7600 and i7-7700.

Make sure it has an i5-7500 or better CPU. Don't buy one with the i5-6500 (Skylake)

One of the best features is that you get an M.2 NVMe slot on the board. Native support so you can boot from it.
Screen Shot 7.jpg

If you want an easier time getting the iGPU working upgrade to a Coffee Lake G4 model. These have UHD630 and may get one extra year of support in contrast to the Kaby Lake HD630 models (G3). Most base G4 Prodesks have the i5-8500 which also provides two extra cores.

Last edited:
can you share your EFI folder please ?
You probably shouldn't use the iMac Pro SMBIOS with the HD4000 iGPU. Asural may be running the iGPU headless so your graphics would then not work. It looks like most people are doing the graphics patching for Ventura with OCLP 0.5.1 so you'd have to learn how to do that for success. If using only HD4000 then iMac18,1 may be the best SMBIOS.

Nice ! It's stable as Montery ? i use it with dedicated graphic card Intle HD 4000, can you share your EFI folder please ?
The HP8300/6300 have different config.plist settings depending on the graphics used, so if the device configuration is not the same, it will not work even if EFI is attached.

Please refer to this thread for a successful example of the HD4000 being posted.

If using only HD4000 then iMac18,1 may be the best SMBIOS.
I haven't tried it, but it seems to use "SMBIOS=MacMini6.1" for HD4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back