Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I contemplating not upgrading the psu, would I lose much of a boost in performance if I did?
I don't think so. The downside of using a sata power adapter for the extra power is that it runs through, comes from the motherboard itself instead of the PSU. I think these boards are built well enough that they can handle it as long as you don't push your graphics card too much in gaming or editing. For general use it's fine.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
I've been directing people to Sniki's guides for Mojave and Catalina as they cover all this. Since you are on Sierra, simply install those two kexts to /Library/Extensions with Kextbeast app and then reboot and try the 560.

Download the release versions and take the kext only out of the folder, put them on your desktop.. Install with Kextbeast.
It worked beautifully, thank you so much, pretty much have my ideal system running at the moment!

The only thing left is the audio, the. headphone out doesn't work, should I try the AppleALC.kext from Sniki's guide?

But first again, THANK YOU for your help and have a very nice day!

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
headphone out doesn't work, should I try the AppleALC.kext from Sniki's guide?
Yes, I would try that but you'd also need to use an entry in Devices/Properties. See the config.plist that Sniki provides.

Motherboard
Hp elite 8300
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
rx 5700t
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can anybody help?
I've updated my bois to the recommended 2.99 but my pc don't show legacy support options or secure boot options:( HELP PLEASE

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can anybody help?
I've updated my bios to the recommended 2.99 but my pc don't show legacy support options or secure boot options:( HELP PLEASE
Where did you download the BIOS from ? Also post some screenshots of what you do see as options.

Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
Yes, I would try that but you'd also need to use an entry in Devices/Properties. See the config.plist that Sniki provides.
My headphone audio still doesn't work after the using Kextbeast for the AppleALC.kext and putting Sniki's config.plist in place on the EFI partition of my boot disk. Am I forgetting something?

Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
Likely. Why don't you upload your zipped up Clover folder for review.
(SOLVED) I have it working after installing VodooHDA 2.9.0. Thank you for wanting to look at my Clover folder anyway!

Motherboard
HP 8300 MT
CPU
i3 3220
Graphics
Quadro k600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have been running Mac OS Mojave for quite a while. now i wan to upgrade to Catalina.

My Specs
HP 8300 Elite Minitower
Intel Core i5 3470
NVidia Quadro k600.

Should i upgrade or do a fresh install of Catalina ?
Will my graphics card work with Catalina?

Thanks

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been running Mac OS Mojave for quite a while. now i want to upgrade to Catalina.
Your hardware is still supported (K600 + i5-3470) in Catalina, that's the good news. The bad news is that you can't simply update through the Mac App Store and expect it to even boot normally again. There were changes made in the Clover folder file structure that must be addressed before trying the direct upgrade. We are also now installing kexts to kexts/other folder instead of /L/E. That requires moving all hackintosh kexts out of /L/E before completing the upgrade.

See: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-from-library-extensions-and-recache.293719/

What I would suggest is that you wait a bit. Sniki will post his OpenCore guide for the HP 8300 soon and you can then do a clean (fresh) install and use that bootloader. Has a lot of advantages and things you'll like. Keep using Mojave until then. You can keep the Mojave SSD as a backup or even erase that later and make a clone of your Catalina SSD. I'm sure you've seen Sniki's Catalina HP 8300 guide so follow that for news of the new OC guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBL