Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if you pres ESC key at boot up ?
Same thing, nothing, no access and no boot. I created a new High Sierra USB disk, I'll test again later with a fresh install and report back later.

Same thing, nothing, no access and no boot. I created a new High Sierra USB disk, I'll test again later with a fresh install and report back later.
If Windows boots fine, why not use the HP updater in Windows?

If Windows boots fine, why not use the HP updater in Windows?
Yes I tried that with the previous mobo and the same thing happened. I watched it update through the utility on windows desktop, restarted and I was locked out of BIOS. I didn’t do that with this replacement board, I tried the USB method and watched it update in BIOS. Same thing, maybe it’s 2.99?.

. Same thing, maybe it’s 2.99?.
Many 1000s of people have flashed these boards to 2.99 and not reported this, at least in these forums. I think something else is going on that we haven't figured out yet.

Many 1000s of people have flashed these boards to 2.99 and not reported this, at least in these forums. I think something else is going on that we haven't figured out yet.
I know you’re right, I haven’t seen this reported at all. Im Going to get another board and try something else.

I know you’re right, I haven’t seen this reported at all. Im Going to get another board and try something else.
Have you been returning all the ones that didn't work ? What do the sellers say ?

Have you been returning all the ones that didn't work ? What do the sellers say ?
The seller I’ve been getting them from has been really good, he just sends out a new one after I send a message.

Im Going to get another board and try something else.
If these are stand alone boards that don't come with a case, there may some proprietary case connector that has to be attached to allow BIOS access. These are boards from business PCs with many security features to prevent access so I think that may have some thing to do with this. The majority of people buy these with the whole HP 6300 package. Everything is already plugged into the board when they flash it. It may even be Intel AMT related, I don't really know. It might be best to research in the HP support forums to find out.

Yes I tried that with the previous mobo and the same thing happened. I watched it update through the utility on windows desktop, restarted and I was locked out of BIOS. I didn’t do that with this replacement board, I tried the USB method and watched it update in BIOS. Same thing, maybe it’s 2.99?.
Is the keyboard using a full keyboard?
It seems that the key is not distinguished if it is the type selected with Fn-key.

If the purpose is to set the BIOS,
I think to enter the BIOS settings with the HDD (SSD) removed.

The seller I’ve been getting them from has been really good, he just sends out a new one after I send a message.
This is how they get that 99.9 to 100% positive feedback rating on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back