Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi guys, I have an annoying issue on my HP 8300 SFF. Every time the power chord is disconnected, when I connect it back the computer auto turns on and the bios resets to defaults, so it restarts couple of times etc and then all my previous bios settings are lost. I have already changed the CMOS battery for a brand new one and the problem persists... Any idea?
My 6300 Pro has never done that. Is the computer completely shut all the way down before you disconnect ?
You could try buying a replacement PSU on Ebay and see if that fixes the problem. Good to have a backup anyway.
They are very low cost when you buy refurbished.

Motherboard
q77
CPU
Core i5 3570 3.40Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
My 6300 Pro has never done that. Is the computer completely shut all the way down before you disconnect ?
You could try buying a replacement PSU on Ebay and see if that fixes the problem. Good to have a backup anyway.
They are very low cost when you buy refurbished.

Yes, it's completely shut down before disconnecting power chord. Reconnecting the cable immediately turns the computer on but with the bios "empty".

Good idea, I will try that!
Thanks!

Motherboard
q77
CPU
Core i5 3570 3.40Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I've seen some posts where people talk about a CMOS reset button and a jumper somewhere in the board. I didn't find. Does this kind of button has the same effect of removing the battery for a while? And what is that about a "jumper"?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I've seen some posts where people talk about a CMOS reset button and a jumper somewhere in the board. I didn't find. Does this kind of button has the same effect of removing the battery for a while? And what is that about a "jumper"?
The CMOS reset is the yellow button on the board. Removing the battery does the same thing. If it hasn't worked yet it won't by pressing the button. Try either a PSU or motherboard replacement. Try the PSU first as that's the easiest to test without tearing apart your whole system.

Motherboard
HP Elite 8300 MT
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys, I have an annoying issue on my HP 8300 SFF. Every time the power chord is disconnected, when I connect it back the computer auto turns on and the bios resets to defaults, so it restarts couple of times etc and then all my previous bios settings are lost. I have already changed the CMOS battery for a brand new one and the problem persists... Any idea?
Flashing the BIOS might help

Motherboard
q77
CPU
Core i5 3570 3.40Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Flashing the BIOS might help
I actually already flashed to the latest version. Didn't solve the problem. Now I'm waiting the new PSU that I ordered from ebay and soon tell you guys the result.
Thanks.

Motherboard
q77
CPU
Core i5 3570 3.40Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Guys I need help cause I ****ed up with another thing! I was working on making another hackintosh and when I was building my usb clover instalation I accidently replaced some of my efi files of my main drive instead of the efi of the flash drive! Most things I belive I reverted ok, but I can't get audio back thru my USB komplete audio 6 interface. Could somebody send me screen shots of the uefi drivers on the drivers 64 folder, also kext folder on clover, and also kexts in the library extensions folder (just to be sure)? Otherwise I will never know what is missing or what I have changed!
Thanks!!

Motherboard
q77
CPU
Core i5 3570 3.40Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
For audio, make sure you have Voodoo HDA and Apple HDA Disabler installed in Library/Extensions. You could also place them in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other is you wanted
I actually found out. When I messed up with my efi partition I also accidently overwrote the config.plist. After hours trying to recover I realized that clover configurator app has the ability to build it again based on the last boot. Then all was ok except for the audio. After investigating better I noticed that this step - (Required DSDT Patch: Change EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02. This edit helps your USB ports and headers to work correctly) - was blank, without any patch, somehow clover didn't build my config.plist with this patches when it recoverd it. After manually doing that again my audio was back thru my USB audio interface.
Anyway thanks for the help!

Motherboard
q77
CPU
Core i5 3570 3.40Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1050
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
The CMOS reset is the yellow button on the board. Removing the battery does the same thing. If it hasn't worked yet it won't by pressing the button. Try either a PSU or motherboard replacement. Try the PSU first as that's the easiest to test without tearing apart your whole system.

View attachment 394505
Today I have installed the new PSU and bingo, the problem is solved!
The only funny thing is that after installing for the first time and plugging the computer it automatically started once. But after that every time I shut it down, disconect the cable and reconnect its now perfect. Maybe the old defected PSU was somehow interfering in the shut down state. Anyway, the important thing is that it's solved.
Thank you!!