Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to I change that (you mean inside multibeast?) or something else?
Yes, just use Multibeast. Select only iMac 14,2 then build tab and install. Reboot again from HDD.

Yes, just use Multibeast. Select only iMac 14,2 then build tab and install. Reboot again from HDD.
No luck...
I am stuck here (see picture) if i select sata0 i get a black screen with blinking cursor, If i select the usb I can go to desktop but it seems nothing is working. I have audio, but the gt710 shows up like an Nvidia 7mb card(!)
And the bootloader is not working...

No luck...
I am stuck here (see picture) if i select sata0 i get a black screen with blinking cursor, If i select the usb I can go to desktop but it seems nothing is working. I have audio, but the gt710 shows up like an Nvidia 7mb card(!)
And the bootloader is not working...

I really don't know everything you've done so can't advise. I would perform a clean install and this time when you reach the Multibeast step leave the SMBIOS at iMac 14,2 and don't change it to 12,2. That has worked for others using the i5-2400. Also:

Please enter your hardware components in your Personal Details section of your account as per the Rules: Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for.

Desktop profile field recommendations:

• Motherboard: limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming - 1002 - Clover UEFI. For Pre-built computers simply state the PC make model and form factor i.e. HP 8300 SFF - Dell 7010 MT etc.

I really don't know everything you've done so can't advise. I would perform a clean install and this time when you reach the Multibeast step leave the SMBIOS at iMac 14,2 and don't change it to 12,2. That has worked for others using the i5-2400. Also:

Please enter your hardware components in your Personal Details section of your account as per the Rules: Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for.

Desktop profile field recommendations:

• Motherboard: limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming - 1002 - Clover UEFI. For Pre-built computers simply state the PC make model and form factor i.e. HP 8300 SFF - Dell 7010 MT etc.

I did everything from the start, left SMBIOS from multibeast at 14.2, and even tried both UEFI and legacy mode (from building the usb and selecting accordingly in multibeast). The only success I had, was that with UEFI my video card was detected correctly (as Nvidia gt710 1024mb) but the problem remains. I cannot start without the usb. I even tried to change the hdd sata connection by trying different slots, no luck. I tried a pci-e sata controller to connect the hdd, not detected... I am so curious of the way others had success booting from hdd after running multibeast and my system will not... Last thing I will try is to start everything from Snow Leopard DVD with iBoot, and build my way up to High Sierra... any help appreciated

I did everything from the start, left SMBIOS from multibeast at 14.2, and even tried both UEFI and legacy mode (from building the usb and selecting accordingly in multibeast). The only success I had, was that with UEFI my video card was detected correctly (as Nvidia gt710 1024mb) but the problem remains. I cannot start without the usb. I even tried to change the hdd sata connection by trying different slots, no luck. I tried a pci-e sata controller to connect the hdd, not detected... I am so curious of the way others had success booting from hdd after running multibeast and my system will not... Last thing I will try is to start everything from Snow Leopard DVD with iBoot, and build my way up to High Sierra... any help appreciated
Did you try copying the config.plist from the USB drive to the hard drive's EFI/Clover folder yet ?

Good evening. I'm currently having the same issue with the HP 6200 .It's a i5-2400. With a 710 GT .I complete the install and and replace EFI file multiple times and have used 14,2 13,2 and 13,2 with same result. It's install on a hardrive not a SSD .Is there any other options to solving this .and I've done two complete reinstallations with the same result a blinking cursor on boot up .

Good evening. I'm currently having the same issue with the HP 6200 .It's a i5-2400. With a 710 GT .I complete the install and and replace EFI file multiple times and have used 14,2 13,2 and 13,2 with same result. It's install on a hardrive not a SSD .Is there any other options to solving this .and I've done two complete reinstallations with the same result a blinking cursor on boot up .

Have you copied the config.plist from the USB installer and replaced the one on the hard drive with that ? If you can boot from the Unibeast USB it should work on the HDD as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back