Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
trs96 - I've forgot to turn the computer off with the flash drive removed. There is a way to correct it, do you know how to? Thank You, Kevin

trs96 - I've forgot to turn the computer off with the flash drive removed. There is a way to correct it, do you know how to? Thank You, Kevin
???

I made a HP 8200 for myself. I forgot and unplugged the flash drive before I shut it off. When I turned it on (forgetting to plug it in also) it didn't work. I shut it down, put in the flash drive and turned it on. It ran fine. I then shut it, and then took out the flash drive. When I restarted it, I wouldn't start. Is it possible then to start normal without a flash drive? Thank You
PS Sorry I'm 4 years through finished a Hemorraghic Stroke my speech needs work.

Is it possible then to start normal without a flash drive?
Start with the computer powered off.
Insert your USB installer.
Power on the computer and press your boot menu key - Usually F12 but YMMV.
At the boot menu screen select your USB flash drive as the boot device and boot.
When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Thank You. There I knew there a way of do in it, but a simply easy. Thank You, Kevin

Hi, I need help.

Just install Hi sierra on HP 8200 elite with core i7, and MSI GT 710 . bios version J01 v02.32. Serial Port A
:Disabled. Booting from USB and Install High Sierra to HD (no SSD hard drive) followed all steps and all installed with no problem. I did the Post install with multibeast (version 10.3.0), using smbios 12.2. and try to reboot from HD. no luck just black screen with blinking cursor. Boot with F9 and select SATA0 under legacy Boot -> Hard Drive -> SATA0 and the same problem just black screen with blinking cursor.

Thanks for your help.

I am a novice here. I meet the same problem with you.

If you can boot your High Sierra via USB stick again, you can try some steps.

Open 'Clover EFI Installer'.

Things you need to tick or untick in Clover EFI Installer. (Installation Type -> Customize)

- Untick Clover for UEFI booting only

- Bootloader, Tick istall boot0af in MBR.
-Clover EFI, Tick Clover EFI 64-bit SATA.
-Themes, Tick your desired theme.
-Install RC Scripts on target volume, Tick.
-Install Clover Preferences Pane. Tick.
-Install

Remove USB stick and then reboot your system and make sure you can boot via hard drive.

I just received my gtx 710 msi and im not sure how to get it in the hp 6200 pro sff it seems like its too big to fit is there anything you did to get it in

I just received my gtx 710 msi and im not sure how to get it in the hp 6200 pro sff it seems like its too big to fit is there anything you did to get it in

I think that card is meant to be a low profile and single slot card so it should fit.

What part of it is too long?

Should have a low profile bracket in the box that you need to install that card in your SFF case.

Remove the full height bracket already on the MSI card and put the other one on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back