Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of Mojave, I attempted to upgrade my 8200. Didn't get far at all. The app store tells me my purchase can't be done on this machine. I assume this is because the 8200 is being identified as a "older model" which Mojave has dropped support for. Is there any way to correct this? Was looking forward to using dark mode.

Thanks

With the release of Mojave, I attempted to upgrade my 8200. Didn't get far at all. The app store tells me my purchase can't be done on this machine. I assume this is because the 8200 is being identified as a "older model" which Mojave has dropped support for. Is there any way to correct this? Was looking forward to using dark mode.

Thanks
It depends on what graphics card you are using whether Mojave will work. Has to be Metal 2 capable. You should also change your SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 if you want to run Mojave. I don't recommend it yet on your HS drive just test it out on a backup SSD or HDD instead of installing over your HS boot drive.

Last edited:
It depends on what graphics card you are using whether Mojave will work. Has to be Metal capable. You should also change your SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 if you want to run Mojave. I don't recommend it yet on your HS drive just test it out on a backup SSD or HDD instead of installing over your HS boot drive.

Thanks for the information. I am currently using a gt710 vid card, which I'm pretty sure is metal capable.

thanks for this excellent tutorial!
I installed today my first mackintosh High Sierra (HP 8200 CMT i5 2400 4GB RAM, Asus GT210 HDD1 - HighSierra, HDD2 - Ubuntu)
just have some questions because I'm noob...
1 - I add ssdt.alm to /efi/clover/acpi/patched. Is it necessary to change something in config.plist?
2 - I tried to add a new entry to clover boot menu (GUI section in config.plist). this entry is a linux ubuntu I have in another HDD. the problem is that the entry doesn't appear in boot menu... should I add instead a custom legacy for HDD?
3 - sometimes I get kernel errors on booting. should I change any variable in config.plist?

in attachment my efi folder.

Attachments

• efi.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Hello there. I have an HP 8200 i5 2400, and an MSI GT710, I updated bios in the latest version (2.32), I did everything as the guide says but when I restart and remove the usb drive, I get a blinking cursor. Any ideas?
I can boot from usb though, but multibeast doesn't seem to be working...

Hello there. I have an HP 8200 i5 2400, and an MSI GT710, I updated bios in the latest version (2.32), I did everything as the guide says but when I restart and remove the usb drive, I get a blinking cursor. Any ideas?
I can boot from usb though, but multibeast doesn't seem to be working...

Boot from the hard drive verbose (-V) and take a picture of where it stops. You can also upload the Zipped up Clover folder from your EFI partition of your boot drive.

Boot from the hard drive verbose (-V) and take a picture of where it stops. You can also upload the Zipped up Clover folder from your EFI partition of your boot drive.

It stops right after the HP logo and the cursor starts to blink, I need to restart and boot from usb to go into desktop.
I copied the EFI folder to the Clover EFI, through Clover app, and where it said replace or merge I selected merge

It stops right after the HP logo and the cursor starts to blink, I need to restart and boot from usb to go into desktop.
I copied the EFI folder to the Clover EFI, through Clover app, and where it said replace or merge I selected merge
Boot from your USB and change the boot drive SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 if you're not already using that.

This is my multibeast selection...

Attachments

• 20181013_160250.jpg
    20181013_160250.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
Boot from your USB and change the boot drive SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 if you're not already using that.

how to I change that (you mean inside multibeast?) or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back