Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

@RehabMan ,
Your probably getting just as tired of this as I am but I'm seeing what I think might be the problem. I just noticed that I'm getting this on the opening frames of MacIASl:
* iASL Warning: There were 8 external control methods found during (Very similar to other errors observed)

* disassembly, but additional ACPI tables to resolve these externals

* were not specified. This resulting disassembler output file may not

* compile because the disassembler did not know how many arguments

* to assign to these methods. To specify the tables needed to resolve

* external control method references, use the one of the following

* example iASL invocations:

* iasl -e <ssdt1.aml,ssdt2.aml...> -d <dsdt.aml>

* iasl -e <dsdt.aml,ssdt2.aml...> -d <ssdt1.aml>
shows up on any DSDT screen. I deleted my copy and reinstalled... same thing. Any ideas?
Thankyou very much for all of your efforts.

@RehabMan ,
Your probably getting just as tired of this as I am but I'm seeing what I think might be the problem. I just noticed that I'm getting this on the opening frames of MacIASl:
* iASL Warning: There were 8 external control methods found during (Very similar to other errors observed)

* disassembly, but additional ACPI tables to resolve these externals

* were not specified. This resulting disassembler output file may not

* compile because the disassembler did not know how many arguments

* to assign to these methods. To specify the tables needed to resolve

* external control method references, use the one of the following

* example iASL invocations:

* iasl -e <ssdt1.aml,ssdt2.aml...> -d <dsdt.aml>

* iasl -e <dsdt.aml,ssdt2.aml...> -d <ssdt1.aml>
shows up on any DSDT screen. I deleted my copy and reinstalled... same thing. Any ideas?
Thankyou very much for all of your efforts.

It is normal, although I have "were 7 external..."
Do you have errors upon compiling the DSDT.aml you attached earlier?
Perhaps you are not using the correct version of MaciASL, or have forgotten to set ACPI 6.1 in MaciASL->Preferences?

It is normal, although I have "were 7 external..."
Do you have errors upon compiling the DSDT.aml you attached earlier? YES!
Perhaps you are not using the correct version of MaciASL, or have forgotten to set ACPI 6.1 in MaciASL->Preferences?
Restored v 1.4 v26I only have ACPI 4, 5A, & 5.1. tried 5A...same "Blankin" Errors. Can you send me a link to an up-to-date MaciASL?

Found MACiASL 6.1. Down to one error. What next? Almost there. :lol:
Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 5.51.20 PM.png

@RehabMan
Thanks, did not forget to apply, it just did not "take". Went for another "go"..and it compiled w/0 errors. Only thing now is 0% where windows10 reports ~50%. Don't know if there's some sort of learning curve going' on. Thanks RehabMan, U R DaMAN! :):headbang::headbang::headbang:

@RehabMan
Thanks, did not forget to apply, it just did not "take". Went for another "go"..and it compiled w/0 errors. Only thing now is 0% where windows10 reports ~50%. Don't know if there's some sort of learning curve going' on. Thanks RehabMan, U R DaMAN! :):headbang::headbang::headbang:

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Hey guys. Just to report that the patch for HP Pavilion 15-n096ea works with HP 17-F078NF.

config - Rename EC0 to EC true Extract DSDT.aml battery patch error, percentage can not be repaired.
config - Rename EC0 to EC false Extract DSDT.aml to play any battery patch.
It seems that my PC does not have to inject the USB attribute to activate wake up after sleep.
If I injected usb_prw_0x6d_xhc this patch can not wake up through the USB device, only through the keyboard power button to wake up! But to achieve AppleBusPowerController load must get Rename EC0 to EC, I would like to not extract DSDT, with SSDT to achieve DSDT patched!

Attachments

• DSDT_Config_No_EC.dsl
    744.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSDT_CONFIG_rename_EC.dsl
    744.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Back