HP 8537
CPU
i5-8265U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hi, I need your help with battery patch

HP Probook 440 G6

Here's the situation:
I've patched the DSDT and got the battery indicator which shows right amount of charge (booted to linux and compared the remaining charge). Furthermore - sometimes it shows the remaining time of charge/discharge!
But then all of a sudden something clicks in it and it gives a warning of low battery level and stops showing the remaining time (thought it still shows the remaining charge)

I suppose the problem is in patch I've applied.
I took it from here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-battery-status.116102/page-500#post-2021126 thanks to @anor4k I've got the battery working though a bit limited

What I've tried so far - installed debug version of VirtualSMC, enabled debug (-sbatdbg in boot_arg) and tired to view logs like this
Code:
log show --last boot --predicate 'sender="Lilu" and eventMessage contains "SMCBattery"'
But I do not see any errors and I'm stuck :(
Please help me with this
I can provide any info (EFI, logs etc.)
Ok I've fixed the problem and now I have fully working battery with remaining time and no annoying warnings!!
HP Probook 440 G6
here it is:

Motherboard
Asus Z170I PRO Gaming
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Currently trying to patch the battery on my Huawei Matebook X Pro 2020 (i5-10210U).

I followed the guide but end up with a lot of "51037, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_CLOSE_PAREN, expecting PARSEOP_EXP_INDEX_LEFT" errors.

This is one example of the code in question:
Code:
If ((Arg0 == 0x02))
            {
                Local0 = ECRD (RefOf (B1B2(SN00,SN01)))
                BMB1 [0x03] = NTOC (Local0)
                BMB1 [0x02] = NTOC ((Local0 >> 0x04))
                BMB1 [One] = NTOC ((Local0 >> 0x08))
                BMB1 [Zero] = NTOC ((Local0 >> 0x0C))
                Return (BMB1) /* \_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.HWEC.ECBM.BMB1 */
            }
I read up on this and found another post by rehabman stating that RefOf does not work with B1B2. So where am I supposed to go from here?

Motherboard
motherboard OR system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i3-8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
Need Help, No patch Available
Laptop Avita Liber 14N
i3 8130u

Attachments

Motherboard
Acer zoro_bh
CPU
Intel Core i5 5200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Hi, RehabMan.

I have tried following your guide to fix the battery status of my Acer E5-573-54ZV but I didn't get success.

When i searched for 'embeddedcontrol' on my DSDT, as suggested, this is what i get:

Code:
OperationRegion (VERM, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)
Field (VERM, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
    LNPS,   8
}
So i couldn't patch the DSDT and my battery status is not showing at all. I have already tried using your ACPIBatteryManager kext but it continues not showing battery status.

I will attach the files asked for problem reporting. Everything is working, I just can't get the battery status showing.

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance!

Attachments