HD 630 / GTX 1050
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi, i need help with power management:

I have HP Omen 15 ce0xx
i7-7700HQ
HM175
HD630/ GTX1050

MacOS seems to mess up my battery. Its working ok on win10 but if I boot macOS it can charge upto 100%. But when I unplug it and let it discharge, it won't charge again. When I boot up win10, it won't charge as well unless I do a CMOS reset. I am using HP-DV6-3165sf patch as per this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/omen15_hackintosh-pdf.322288/.

ACPIBatteryManager.kext in /L/E..
BIOS updated to F.19

I tried adding the disable Nvidia part on the patch as per guide but it results in error when compiling. Also, I cannot boot with other clover versions other than Rehabman's. I have no background in programming/coding. Tried reading RM's guide for patching battery several times but it seems I don't have the capacity to understand it :banghead:

@GffMaC help please?

Thanks in advance!

edit: Was able to do the Nvidia disable patch as per guide. Just had to manually type it in. Copy paste somehow resulted in error. Still getting the battery problem.

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I need help, I have an laptop asus model N61VN , I tried to patch the DSDT to see the battery charge, I used the two patches available for asus laptop and none works.

I am desperate, I have tried to install voodoo battery but it breaks my system and I have to install everything again.

I attach my original DSDT

Can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix G531GT
CPU
i7-9750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1650, UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Hi, i tried to patch my DSDT to make the battery work and it seems that i am missing something.
I found only three 16bit and one 256bit used variables in my DSDT-EmbeddedControl and patched all of them and added required functions to read/write the new variables, but does not work.
Just to be sure that i corectly understood from post #1 of this thread only used variables which have values grater than 8bit should be patched, right? The one unused ones could be left untouched, right?
I have attached the origianl DSDT.aml obtained with F4 and the DSDT.dsl patched for battery.

Attachments